PDA

View Full Version : Potential (very) dumb question...

lastcall190
December 6th, 2007, 05:20 PM
I am looking to get some AutoVE tuning done soon... I have the LC1 sitting right next to me, just need a battery that allows my laptop to survive more than 15 minutes. In any case, since I'll be in OL, am I correct in understanding that the stock NB02 sensors are NOT used? In which case, can I just plant my WB sensor in the NB bung on the driver's side, configure, calibrate, and go to town? Or is my logic flawed... it's late, forgive me if this is absolutely elementary :cheers:

-J

5.7ute
December 6th, 2007, 06:09 PM
That is all I have done & it works fine.

Doc
December 7th, 2007, 12:34 AM
Your logic is dead on. You can just turn off the MIL light you will get for no NB activity on the side you remove. You can also use the second channel of the LC-1 to output a simulated narrow band channel if you decide to keep the WB02 in the same spot when and if you go back to Closed Loop.

TAQuickness
December 7th, 2007, 01:09 AM
That's it. A few years ago, I removed all my NB's and installed a WB permanently on each bank

lastcall190
December 7th, 2007, 01:50 AM
Thanks for the reassurance. I will check into this this weekend and see how it goes. Are you guys running open loop I assume? And if so, are you running Maf or MAF-less?

-J

Lextech
December 7th, 2007, 02:04 AM
I run Open Loop Speed Density COS3 without the MAF. I still have my O2s in place---Although they are just along for the ride.

lastcall190
December 7th, 2007, 04:44 AM
Yea that was another question I was thinking about on my way to work today. I currently have an 02 operating system (off the top of my head I believe it's the version that can allow me to jump to COS5, whatever # that is). Would it be beneficial to upgrade to a custom operating system for this? If so, I imagine 5 is better than 3? Thanks.

-J

TAQuickness
December 7th, 2007, 05:45 AM
OLSD COS5 for about as long as I've known Chad :D

Since you're already on an '02 OS, you can upgrade to COS1-5 anytime you want.