PDA

View Full Version : TCM shift patterns

JoshH
December 7th, 2007, 12:17 AM
Is there any way you guys can find the rest of the shift patterns in the TCM? In part throttle 1->2 upshift and 2->1 it has patterns E through H which is for the shifter in the '2' position. It would be cool if you could the patterns for that position in all the tables, both part and full throttle. I believe those patterns are actually for the 'M' position so if you could find them it would give us an actual tiptronic type controll where we could force an upshift or downshift.

JoshH
December 12th, 2007, 06:00 AM
Ross, any word on this?

lennox69
December 17th, 2007, 01:54 PM
Is there any way you guys can find the rest of the shift patterns in the TCM? In part throttle 1->2 upshift and 2->1 it has patterns E through H which is for the shifter in the '2' position. It would be cool if you could the patterns for that position in all the tables, both part and full throttle. I believe those patterns are actually for the 'M' position so if you could find them it would give us an actual tiptronic type controll where we could force an upshift or downshift.
i don't get what you are trying , but i have program my own tune, i have the shift up and down acorring to tps and wot positions check my tune out and see.let me know what you think.

LBZ
January 1st, 2008, 03:12 PM
i don't get what you are trying , but i have program my own tune, i have the shift up and down acorring to tps and wot positions check my tune out and see.let me know what you think.

Which OS is this tune for?

lennox69
January 2nd, 2008, 02:59 AM
Which OS is this tune for?
for a 2007 allison 6 speed.

NCT
January 5th, 2008, 05:58 PM
what is the os though? 105?

GMPX
January 6th, 2008, 03:46 PM

I'm not sure I get exactly what you mean.
They generally have special case shifts for the selector in 1 or 2, not 3 to 6 as well.

Cheers,
Ross

JoshH
January 7th, 2008, 02:05 PM
For 1->2 and 2->1 in the part throttle and I think WOT there are 8 different shift patterns. There is normal, t/h, 4 low, transmission hot, normal with selector in '2', t/h with selector in '2', 4 low with selector in '2' and transmission hot with selector in '2'. Well, on the 6 speed there is no '2' position, there is an 'M' position, and each gear is selected with the +/- buttons on the shifter. With stock programming this just serves as a way to limit the highest available gear, but the transmission will still downshift if it sees the appropriate speed/throttle position.

I was wondering if all those shift patterns were available for the rest of the gears too. Then we could possibly program the shifts so that a gear will not downshift unless you tell it to with the +/- buttons.

Does that make sense now?

LBZ
January 7th, 2008, 05:02 PM
I like where you are going with that thinking Josh. Making it a true powershift transmission would be very nice!

lennox69
January 10th, 2008, 07:26 AM
for a 2007 allison 6 speed.
IF YOU OPEN THE TUNE FILE IT WILL SAY THE OS.:Eyecrazy:

Cobra#3747
January 10th, 2008, 07:44 AM
Basically, can we make this thing work like a Manual valve body?

lennox69
January 10th, 2008, 11:25 AM
For 1->2 and 2->1 in the part throttle and I think WOT there are 8 different shift patterns. There is normal, t/h, 4 low, transmission hot, normal with selector in '2', t/h with selector in '2', 4 low with selector in '2' and transmission hot with selector in '2'. Well, on the 6 speed there is no '2' position, there is an 'M' position, and each gear is selected with the +/- buttons on the shifter. With stock programming this just serves as a way to limit the highest available gear, but the transmission will still downshift if it sees the appropriate speed/throttle position.

I was wondering if all those shift patterns were available for the rest of the gears too. Then we could possibly program the shifts so that a gear will not downshift unless you tell it to with the +/- buttons.

Does that make sense now?YES BUT I DON'T THINK SO DUE TO THE FACT THAT THE + AND - ARE ENERGIZED WHEN THE SHIFTER IS ACTUALLY IN THE M POSITION, AND WHEN IT'S ON THE M THE COMPUTER WILL ONLY READ THE GRAPHS WHEN GEAR ARE NOT SHIFTED WITH IN TIME, IT WILL AUTOMATICALY MOVE TO THE D SETTINGS IF IT'S NOT SHIFTED MANUALY, THIS IS THE WHAT MAKE IT SO GREAT, IF YOU FORGET TO SHIFT IN M IT WILL SHIFT FOR YOU.

Cobra#3747
January 10th, 2008, 11:59 AM
Really? I can hit the fuel cut off in 1st-3rd. Never tried 4th.

When will it automatically shift? I know it will downshift. Or is that what you are talking about?

JoshH
January 10th, 2008, 07:24 PM
YES BUT I DON'T THINK SO DUE TO THE FACT THAT THE + AND - ARE ENERGIZED WHEN THE SHIFTER IS ACTUALLY IN THE M POSITION, AND WHEN IT'S ON THE M THE COMPUTER WILL ONLY READ THE GRAPHS WHEN GEAR ARE NOT SHIFTED WITH IN TIME, IT WILL AUTOMATICALY MOVE TO THE D SETTINGS IF IT'S NOT SHIFTED MANUALY, THIS IS THE WHAT MAKE IT SO GREAT, IF YOU FORGET TO SHIFT IN M IT WILL SHIFT FOR YOU.Mine won't. I can hold any gear as long as I want to. As far as I can tell it will automatically downshift, but it won't shift any higher than the gear selected. The downshift is what I'm wanting to prevent. If we can program so it won't downshift until something ridiculously low like 1 MPH it should stay in the gear that is selected.

lennox69
January 11th, 2008, 10:46 AM
Mine won't. I can hold any gear as long as I want to. As far as I can tell it will automatically downshift, but it won't shift any higher than the gear selected. The downshift is what I'm wanting to prevent. If we can program so it won't downshift until something ridiculously low like 1 MPH it should stay in the gear that is selected.
yes it will ....leave it in m and come to a stop and drive normal after the stop,don't touch anything and she will shift ,just like d setting, mine does this all the time.

lennox69
January 11th, 2008, 10:54 AM
if you want try this as well, run m don't downshift when you come to a stop, take off,run thru all six gears, downshift to third,come to a stop and it will act like d after that. i believe the trans computer see's that you are not capable to run in m and then switch back to prevent clutch plates from burning. mine does this every time. i also tried this in my wife's bmw and does the samething.

JoshH
January 11th, 2008, 12:33 PM
yes it will ....leave it in m and come to a stop and drive normal after the stop,don't touch anything and she will shift ,just like d setting, mine does this all the time.
Well, maybe you have some different programming than I have because mine will not shift any higher than the gear that is bracketed. Like I said it will downshift, but it will not upshift higher than the gear I selected. It will shift up to it but not past.

Cobra#3747
January 11th, 2008, 01:50 PM
Yes, they will shift while in M from a stop, if you dont have 1st gear selected. If you have 4th gear selected, it will shift up to 4th, but no further, same if you select 3rd or 2nd, wont shift past either of those.

The only thing M really does is allow you to select the highest gear you want the trans to shift up to or force it to downshift. Not really ment to be used as true manual gear selection like you find in some cars.

JoshH
January 12th, 2008, 11:18 AM
Yes, they will shift while in M from a stop, if you dont have 1st gear selected. If you have 4th gear selected, it will shift up to 4th, but no further, same if you select 3rd or 2nd, wont shift past either of those.

The only thing M really does is allow you to select the highest gear you want the trans to shift up to or force it to downshift. Not really ment to be used as true manual gear selection like you find in some cars.Exactly, but if we could get access to the shifting tables for the 'M' position then I think it could be like a manual gear selection. That's why I was asking about it.

Cobra#3747
January 13th, 2008, 03:23 AM
Exactly, but if we could get access to the shifting tables for the 'M' position then I think it could be like a manual gear selection. That's why I was asking about it.

I am with you, understood what you were talking about from the start :cheers:

twister773
January 17th, 2008, 06:05 PM
mine wont shift higher than the gear selected...