PDA

View Full Version : Finally got my first crack at BBL

TAQuickness
December 7th, 2007, 06:37 AM
Paul & Ross - you never cease to impress me.

Update to FW 11:
flawless

Checked DTC's:
Functionality works great.
I'm seeing a new DTC of B0245. Only expected P0101-3

Attempt to clear DTC's:
error $0314

BBL to internal memory:
Functionality works great.

BBL to Sandisk 1gb micro SD (with adapter):
Error Id10t
After formatting my SD card, it worked great

Connected both LC1's to AD1 & AD2:
Was able to monitor the values, but they looked unreasonable

Few suggestions:

When attempting to log to an SD and the file structure is incorrect - prompt user to format the SD
Switching between the internal and SD file system is counter intuitive with the current menu structure
An LCD indication of when you are logging, monitoring, or have paused a log would be nice:cheers:

joecar
December 7th, 2007, 07:17 AM
TA, good test report. :cheers:

Blacky
December 7th, 2007, 08:48 AM
When attempting to log to an SD and the file structure is incorrect - prompt user to format the SD

The plan is to have FlashScan automatically add the folders if they do not exist.

Switching between the internal and SD file system is counter intuitive with the current menu structure

I agree, it needs to be changed and made more obvious.

An LCD indication of when you are logging, monitoring, or have paused a log would be nice

A agree, just not sure of the right way to do that yet. Suggestions welcome.

Regards
Paul

Blacky
December 7th, 2007, 08:51 AM
Attempt to clear DTC's:
error $0314

There is no such error, so I now have to go digging to see how Flashscan could have produced an error number that is not defined.

Connected both LC1's to AD1 & AD2:
Was able to monitor the values, but they looked unreasonable

Was that on FlashScan's screen, or via pass through logging to the PC?

P.S. I am working on a better/easier calibration option in the new firmware. So that it can be done without a laptop.

Regards
Paul

TAQuickness
December 7th, 2007, 09:54 AM
The plan is to have FlashScan automatically add the folders if they do not exist.

:rockon:

I agree, it needs to be changed and made more obvious.

I'll give this another shot and post/email suggestions

A agree, just not sure of the right way to do that yet. Suggestions welcome.

Perhaps an inverse video to indicate a monitor or pause state?

There is no such error, so I now have to go digging to see how Flashscan could have produced an error number that is not defined.

I'll double check. I wasn't fully prepared when I ran my test and had to take notes on a napkin.

Was that on FlashScan's screen, or via pass through logging to the PC?

Didn't lug the laptop this go around. Will let you know in a bit.

P.S. I am working on a better/easier calibration option in the new firmware. So that it can be done without a laptop.

Regards
Paul

:rockon:

TAQuickness
December 7th, 2007, 10:20 AM
Pass thru mode:

Shift+F8 takes a long time to pull DTC's. So long, I gave up and though it was not working. By chance I came back to the page and saw the DTC's.
In pass thru, I have P0102, P0103, & C0245
In BBL, I have P0102, P0103, & B0245
In both cases, n0245 is a historical DTC
Scan tool indicates this is a wheel speed sensor issue
When the V2 USB cable is disconnected, would be nice for scan tool to automatically transition to a not-connected state.
Would also suggest:
When operating V2 in BBL mode, and USB is connected, V2 prompt to switch to pass thru mode or remain in BBL - without interrupting the current V2 operation
OR - When scan tool attempts to connect to V2, scan tool will detect V2's current mode of opperation and prompt the user for desired course of action.
I.E. "V2 is currently in BBL mode! Should scan tool take over and rule V2? yes - no"

Pass thru appears incredibly slow (like 1fps) - could be due to the new optimization for chartsBBL Mode:

When clearing DTC's (only 3 are present - see above), I'm prompted if I want to clear 7 DTC's
When I select yes, I get Error $0311 (napkin notes are hard to read - especially when written with crayon :Eyecrazy: )
$0311 error code is only displayed for about 500ms. Perhaps a 1 or 1.5 second error code default time would be more appropriate?
To date, none of the (lenghtening) adjustments I've made to splash screen or low power mode enable times have worked.
When starting to monitor or BBL parameters, would be nice for V2 to display, on the "Data Logging-select F1 or F2" display, to indicate the vehicle PID list selected.
Would also be nice for V2 to remember the last vehicle selected. I've had to select LS1 99+ Manual several times ;)Beta Specific:

After operating in passthru mode, disconnecting the USB cable does not change the pass thru state in V2. Must disconnect OBD2 & USB to reset V2 for BBL

TAQuickness
December 7th, 2007, 10:24 AM
On the file system menu (F4-F2-F1) - Perhaps an F4 option, duplicate of the one in settings (F4-F2-F3), to allow swapping between SD and internal flash?

GMPX
December 9th, 2007, 12:22 PM
Paul & Ross - you never cease to impress me.

Nothing to do with me, V2 firmware is 100% Paul's project, send credits and abuse he's way ;)

Cheers.
Ross