PDA

View Full Version : COS5 upgrade issue

lastcall190
December 7th, 2007, 12:42 PM
So I am following the tutorial to the T right now... and have run into a problem almost immediately. I pulled the tune that's on there right now, saved it, everything is fine. I hit step THREE, perform a full reflash of the COS, and it wont let me. It's barking at me to "save the current calibration before reflashing". I downloaded the 02020005.cal file, put it practically everywhere on my computer. Nothing. What am I doing wrong... AGAIN :bash:

-J

joecar
December 7th, 2007, 01:10 PM
If I understand correctly (I'm capable of missing...)...
did you save the file you edited (the one to which you copied the tables to)...?

lastcall190
December 7th, 2007, 01:18 PM
Yea after I pulled the tune that was on there, I saved the file. As I understand it, I use that file AFTER I flash the "02020005" file, as a calibration only flash. Right? Just getting there is a problem for me :D

-J

joecar
December 7th, 2007, 01:53 PM
I pm'd Tech Support.

lastcall190
December 7th, 2007, 01:56 PM
Oh so it's not simplistic user error then, that's refreshing. Thanks, had I known I would've just PM'd them rather than having you pull the leg work.

-J

Blacky
December 7th, 2007, 04:39 PM
"save the current calibration before reflashing".

You will get that message if any changes are made to the data in the *.tun between loading it from disk and flashing it into your vehicle. To see what changes have been made, select the menu option: View->Calibration window, then click on the [Modifications] tab page. If that is empty (i.e. no modifications), but EFILive is still telling you to save the current calibration, then there is a problem with the software.

Note: the message does not have anything to do with *.cal files. By "save the current calibration", it means save any modifications that have been made to the *.tun file. The message is worded that way because the *.tun file contains calibrations and the calibrations are what get modified when you edit the *.tun file.

On the other hand, the *.cal files contain the information about the calibrations in the *.tun files. Information EFILive needs in order to be able to display the calibrations in engineering units (like rpm, kPa and DegC).

Regards
Paul

lastcall190
December 7th, 2007, 04:46 PM
OK I think I follow. What I did was change the VIN to my vehicle's specific VIN. Would THAT be causing my issue? That is the absolute only thing I did. Good point, thanks, didn't even think of that.

-J

Blacky
December 7th, 2007, 05:05 PM
OK I think I follow. What I did was change the VIN to my vehicle's specific VIN. Would THAT be causing my issue? That is the absolute only thing I did. Good point, thanks, didn't even think of that.

-J
Yes, that would cause the message to be displayed. Don't change anything before flashing in COS5. You can change the VIN later.

Regards
Paul

lastcall190
December 7th, 2007, 05:46 PM
Thank you. I will check it out again tomorrow morning, I have no doubt it should work now. Didn't realize I could just change it later.

-J

Beer99C5
December 7th, 2007, 05:48 PM
I did the COS 5 w/ the Vette this spring, I have a thread detailing all the issues I encountered, the forum was great, many PM's and a few phone calls to the guru's, they all helped out.

Jim