PDA

View Full Version : Please check my tune...

kilovictor
December 9th, 2007, 04:28 AM
I think I'm close if not ready to start trying to tune my MAF... been trying to get the VE perfect for quite a while and learning... I've tried smoothing out my rough-looking map and the car loses performance, so I guess it's supposed to look all crazy jagged, but just wanted other opinions. Here's my tune and my original tune.

I've been looking for a clear concise method to tune MAF, have found a few different methods that I will try to figure out unless someone has a link.

Thanks,
Tom

mr.prick
December 9th, 2007, 02:14 PM
no file attached.

kilovictor
December 9th, 2007, 03:14 PM
Do I have to zip up all the tables with the .tun file?? Sorry I've never uploaded one before...

Thanks

mr.prick
December 9th, 2007, 03:18 PM
go advanced>manage attachments>then upload the tun.files you want to upload.
then you select the paper clip icon and select the file you want to attach.

kilovictor
December 10th, 2007, 05:32 AM
I also zipped the Maps folder in case you need that,

thanks for looking

Tom

kilovictor
December 10th, 2007, 05:48 AM
also, I noticed my main window is kinda hidden in that tune, if you hit window>cascade inside efilive it will display it.

Thanks!

kilovictor
December 10th, 2007, 01:04 PM
anyone?

TAQuickness
December 10th, 2007, 01:15 PM
I can't open files attached to forum - never have been able to for that matter...

In regards to spikes in the VE table. What you're tune (ve table) is evolving to is what's going on in the engine. I have a few minor spike in my VE table, and like you, the car runs worse when i smooth them.

I would just focus on getting your BEN's to 0.98 - 1.00

TAQuickness
December 10th, 2007, 01:15 PM
BTW... Welcome to the forum!

kilovictor
December 10th, 2007, 01:55 PM
So strange, I can download the files from the links above and open them in my EFIlive... v 7.4 I believe...

Thanks for checking!

ScarabEpic22
December 10th, 2007, 02:53 PM
I can open them too, but its weird there is a N/A where the VIN should be and only the OS has a cal #, everything else is N/A. Says the date for the .cal is 10/22/07, do I have to get an update? Running 7.5.1 build 24.

kilovictor
December 11th, 2007, 04:14 PM
I think I'm running 7.4... yeah I've entered the VIN before and it just doesn't appear on mine either, the OS is something like 1998..... '98 sucked for PCM's I guess...