PDA

View Full Version : HELP with 98 camaro

Boosted GMC
December 9th, 2007, 07:44 AM
I have a 98 camaro with a procharger. Should I install a 2 bar map sensor, split the ve and and commanded fuel tables then run sd open loop. Or download a 2002 camaro program, do the fuel gauge segment swap with a 2002 van and change the pins around. I would rather do the later so I can use custom op system 3 if it is even possible.

ChipsByAl
December 9th, 2007, 10:33 AM
Definitely do the 2002 swap. The custom OS alone is worth it.
Al

Boosted GMC
December 9th, 2007, 11:26 AM
Thats what I was thinking. Will all the gauges work properly the customer wants everything to work perfectly?

ChipsByAl
December 9th, 2007, 01:59 PM
On the 98 F-car all of the gauges are hardwired so they will stay working fine. The PCM takes the fuel gauge output and buffers it for the cluster. With the Express Van calibration integrated into the F-car calibration, the PCM can then continue buffering the input from the fuel gauge in the tank to the cluster.
Al

Doc
December 9th, 2007, 03:00 PM
The only "Gotcha" is if this 98 has traction control and the customer is in love with it. I suppose it's not impossible to get the TCS to work on the 98 but I haven't seen it work yet (or have the free time or gumtion to look into it). The 98 uses the serial data UART line for the TCS-which is not used on the newer pcms. (My car did not have the 4ch TCS).

eurospec1
December 11th, 2007, 04:55 AM
I swapped the PCM and never looked back, best mod ive done for my car bar none :)

Heres some info on what your in for, might help you get a visual, its not really that bad just take your time :)

http://www.efialchemy.com/db/02to97pcm/02to97PCM.html