PDA

View Full Version : Cobalt .cal files

GMPX
December 9th, 2007, 03:50 PM
Hi All,

First up, many apologies for the ongoing P12 delays, however, it's not over yet. We have decided to rethink how much P12 support we will eventually offer. What we have done is offer at least some preliminary calibration files for the Cobalt / ION / Atom which seem to be the vehicles everyone wants to tune with these PCM's.
These were developed mid year and we just recently added a couple more tables in for this release.
This should not be considered a final .cal file release for these engines as there is only 50 or so parameters / tables available.
You will find however there is enough to make a reasonable gain in tuning one of these motors on standard and modified engines.

Supported OS's are -

We may release a Trailblazer / H3 .cal set similar to this to tie everyone over until we can do a complete release for these PCM's in 2008 sometime.

Forum P12 section has also been washed clean if you were wondering where all the posts went.

To use these calibrations, unzip THIS (http://efidownload.iqd.co.nz/software/GMPX/P12_Cobalt_Calibrations.zip) file in to the folder -
C:\Program Files\EFILive\V7\Calibrations

Cheers,
Ross

Chevy366
December 10th, 2007, 02:49 AM
Hi All,

We may release a Trailblazer / H3 .cal set similar to this to tie everyone over until we can do a complete release for these PCM's in 2008 sometime.

Cheers,
Ross
Trailblazer / H3 .cal would be nice to see .
Give us all the P12 .cals you can . :notacrook:

98 tigershark
December 22nd, 2007, 03:49 PM
So I cant read my sons cobaltss 06, and my wifes monte carlo ss 06 w/V1.
I have scanned the cobalt and only a few items need to be cut by 50%, like HP and TRQ. It cant be that hard, can it?

GMPX
December 23rd, 2007, 09:56 AM
Sorry but V1 can't read or program the P12 PCM in your Cobalt. It's a memory size limitation in V1 that is only an issue on certain controllers, the P12 being one of them. The MonteSS is a 5.3L right?, that is a CAN based controller if it is, the V1 cannot communicate on the CAN bus.

Cheers,
Ross

ScarabEpic22
December 23rd, 2007, 04:53 PM
The Monte can be read by a V2 AFAIK (check the supported vehicles list) and if you can pull an OS ID from the Cobalt SS look and see if its one of the above OSs to see if the tables have already been written for it.