PDA

View Full Version : 01290001 Custom OS glitches

jsttry
July 8th, 2005, 06:39 PM
I have been trying to get 01290001 to work on my 2003 Holden SV8 but have had a few glitches.

In ScanTool there are no parameters under EFILive Custom Calibrations for lean cruise etc.

When logging GM.ASPARK it is always on 0% which seems to indicate it is not using the Hi Octane table.

Using exactly the same tune I can load it into an alternate OS and both these problems are solved. Any clue what may be wrong?

Tordne
July 8th, 2005, 08:05 PM
I have been using that OS since about 10 minutes after it was posted (I'm a sucker for punishment :?), and haven't had any problems.

On the GM.ASPARK front. I've seen a few posts that suggest that {A0002} needs to be set to 100, even if {A0000} is disabled. If you currently have this set to 0 that is likely what that problem will be.

My lean cruise parameters (target AFR etc.) are located under Engine Calibration -> Fuel -> Lean Cruise

Hope that helps.

Cheers,

jsttry
July 8th, 2005, 08:22 PM
A0001 and A0002 are normally under the EFILive Custom Calibrations aren't they? I don't have any parameters under there at all

Tordne
July 8th, 2005, 08:33 PM
Yup, that's were they normally are... Very strange...

Have you tried downloading the .cal file for that custom OS again, I'm sure you would have other issues if it was corrupt. What version are you running?

jsttry
July 8th, 2005, 08:37 PM
Yep have tried 7.2.3 Patch 1, Patch 2 as well as several revisions of the custom OS. Time to reinstall from scratch maybe.

Tordne
July 8th, 2005, 08:41 PM
I'll PM you.

GMPX
July 8th, 2005, 08:44 PM
I have been trying to get 01290001 to work on my 2003 Holden SV8 but have had a few glitches.

In ScanTool there are no parameters under EFILive Custom Calibrations for lean cruise etc.

When logging GM.ASPARK it is always on 0% which seems to indicate it is not using the Hi Octane table.

Using exactly the same tune I can load it into an alternate OS and both these problems are solved. Any clue what may be wrong?

Make sure you have the file '01290001.cal' in -
\Program Files\EFILive\V7\Calibrations
if it is, better download it again from the website just incase.

I'm not sure what you are getting at with the Lean Cruise settings in the scantool.

When the new cals do appear, make sure you have 'A0002' set to 100%, this is indeed a limiter to what ASPARK can go to even with no knock. For sure yours is currently at 0.
If you are still stuck then Email me your .tun file and I'll take a look.
ross@pcmtech.com.au

Cheers,
Ross

jsttry
July 9th, 2005, 06:13 AM
Well I just deleted c:\program files\efilive and reinstalled 7.2.3 with the latest patches and CALs and its working fine now. Must have been a glitch with applying patch over patch.

I can now see the parameters under the custom configurations and am now running on 100% ASPARK.

Thanks all.