PDA

View Full Version : Rewired my 98 Z28 to use 99+ RR PCM and COS5

WestSide
December 9th, 2007, 07:36 PM
I finished the wiring last night. I can get the laptop to connect to the car for scan, and i can connect to the roadrunner. When I try to upload a .cal file for COS5 by selecting "upload operating system" on the roadrunner screen, I get an EFIlive registration error. Tried everything, no luck. Says it everytime I open the software too.

Anyways, when I get that straightened out, do i just upload the COS5 how I stated earlier? Then fire the car up? I'm a little lost, getting this going for the first time.

Thanks

Matt

mr.prick
December 11th, 2007, 02:10 PM
are you using V1 or V2?
the V1 personal version can`t upload COS.

WestSide
December 11th, 2007, 02:17 PM
are you using V1 or V2?
the V1 personal version can`t upload COS.

I have the V1 and a commercial scan and tune license...but my registration isn't working for some reason. Do I have to be connected to the internet when registering it in the software?

joecar
December 11th, 2007, 05:57 PM
I pm'd Tech Support.

Blacky
December 11th, 2007, 06:04 PM
I finished the wiring last night. I can get the laptop to connect to the car for scan, and i can connect to the roadrunner. When I try to upload a .cal file for COS5 by selecting "upload operating system" on the roadrunner screen, I get an EFIlive registration error. Tried everything, no luck. Says it everytime I open the software too.

Anyways, when I get that straightened out, do i just upload the COS5 how I stated earlier? Then fire the car up? I'm a little lost, getting this going for the first time.

Thanks

Matt
Did you purchase an EFILive/RR license from Moates? It is this product here: http://www.moates.net/index.php?cPath=53_54
You will receive new EFILive Registration details which include your RR serial number. Then you will be able to use the RR device with EFILive.

If you already have your new EFILive/RR registration details, you must enter them via the Help->Register EFILive menu option.

If you purchased your RR second hand, or if the RR has already been licensed for use with EFILive (with a different FlashScan cable), then send the existing EFILive registration details for that RR unit and we'll send you the correct registration dertails for your FlashScan cable. Send details to paul@efilive.com

Bascially if the RR has already been licensed for use with EFILive, then you don't need to relicense it again if you (or anyone else) wants to use it with a different FlashScan cable.

Regards
Paul

SA1
December 11th, 2007, 06:37 PM
Hi

Can't offer you any advice, but i would like to know how much work was involved rewiring the 98 harness to the 99+ ECU and would you recommend it.

Are you using the RR to run the motor permanently?

Regards

WestSide
December 11th, 2007, 08:20 PM
Did you purchase an EFILive/RR license from Moates? It is this product here: http://www.moates.net/index.php?cPath=53_54
You will receive new EFILive Registration details which include your RR serial number. Then you will be able to use the RR device with EFILive.

If you already have your new EFILive/RR registration details, you must enter them via the Help->Register EFILive menu option.

If you purchased your RR second hand, or if the RR has already been licensed for use with EFILive (with a different FlashScan cable), then send the existing EFILive registration details for that RR unit and we'll send you the correct registration dertails for your FlashScan cable. Send details to paul@efilive.com

Bascially if the RR has already been licensed for use with EFILive, then you don't need to relicense it again if you (or anyone else) wants to use it with a different FlashScan cable.

Regards
Paul

I purchased EFIlive and roadrunner through the guys at greenlightmotorsports.
That is probably who I should be contacting.

I am the sole owner of these units since I purchased them 6 months ago.

I am using the HELP->REGISTER EFILIVE everytime, but it never sticks. It always asks me to register.

WestSide
December 11th, 2007, 08:24 PM
Hi

Can't offer you any advice, but i would like to know how much work was involved rewiring the 98 harness to the 99+ ECU and would you recommend it.

Are you using the RR to run the motor permanently?

Regards

I spent a solid 10 hours or so labelling each wire for where it started, to where it ends up, and swapping the pins around on the PCM connectors. It was a really long night, but I know it will be worth it when I'm able to use custom operating systems and have extended boost tables which I knew I would be better off using instead of the 98 PCM which is extremely limited due to memory.

I will use the RR unit for the first couple of months until I buy a 99+ stock PCM and rewrite my RR tune onto it.

SA1
December 11th, 2007, 08:32 PM
Thanks for the reply. Seems like quite a lenghthy process and I wish you luck with the results.

Is there any reason that you will not be running the RR permanently?

Regards
Michael

Doc
December 11th, 2007, 10:31 PM
You can get pretty quick with the repin. It is very well worth the effort.

WestSide
December 12th, 2007, 09:49 AM
I now have the registration for EFIlive working now, I will work on the car tomorrow after I'm off work and upload the tune that Doc has so graciously helped me out on. You are the man, Doc. I'll keep you all updated on if the car fires up without missing a beat :wave:

Black02SS
December 12th, 2007, 02:15 PM
Glad to see things worked out Matt.