PDA

View Full Version : mail order tunes, what to they tune?

SimpleManLance
December 10th, 2007, 05:36 AM
ive been searching alot tring to figure out tuning. and ive read alot about you have to have a wide band. how do mail order tune work with out a wide band. im tring to tune my dads 03 2500HD 6.0 and its bone stock with magnaflow exhaust. what tables to i want to mess with and what ones should i stay away from with out having a wide band? thanks for the help Lance

cmitchell17
December 10th, 2007, 04:00 PM
Ive heard most people who were running stock and got a WB say the stock commanded PE is almost right on.

But that dosent mean it always is.

I run my truck at about 12.4-12.7 so you should be safe with about 12.5 which is all youll want.

I havent noticed much at all from tuning but since I have no dyno I can't see if im making any more power with my timing.

The 6.0 HD's timing is really low and they don't really even go into PE. I don't think they do at least. So make sure you get the PE dealy mode off and you can base your timing from the optimal timing table if you need an example.

ScarabEpic22
December 10th, 2007, 04:19 PM
I have a 4.2L I6 without a WBO2 (yet), and have played with the spark tables (watch KR pid) and VE tables (CAI, plus to get the LTFTs in check). Biggest change is in the trans with 0 TM all around, shifts are positive and force the truck forward instead of settling down for a sec.