PDA

View Full Version : Do C5's have RAFIG?

PRAY
December 10th, 2007, 09:47 AM
I have been trying to do as much research on idle tuning as I can. The car idles pretty well but I have the stupid off throttle wants to die idle surging. Once I am stopped every thing is good. I keep reading about the RAFIG. But I can't find it. Is there a number for it. I also can't find a PID for the Throttle Cracker and Throttle follower. Can some one help me please? One last thing. What pids do I need to look at to figure out how much Desired Air Flow I need? I have basicly been giving it enough air that when I rev it up it doesn't die when it comes down. That can't be the correct way to do it but it is all I have.

Brett

DaddySS
December 10th, 2007, 10:52 PM
Do a search on rafig - PIDs, maps, etc. are all described there.
RAFIG, IAC TC, IAC TF pids are all under idle "system"

PRAY
December 11th, 2007, 04:48 AM
I did that search and it doesn't come up. That is why I was thinking that C5's just don't have that program. I did a search under all systems for the PID and it didn't turn up there either. I will search under the idle section.

eurospec1
December 11th, 2007, 05:58 AM
C5's have it, its all there as posted above

PRAY
December 11th, 2007, 07:16 AM
Well I found it in the pids but it is not valid. I even clicked on it and added it to my dash board. But it won't log. I get an error message. I did however find the Short trims and TF and TC pids. I am logging those but don't exactly know what to do with them. If the STIT is pulling about 1 gm/sc should I take that out of Desired Air Flow? The only problem I am having know is when I get on the gas hard and come off it fast is will hunt. But just straight driving is fine. I pulled some out of the TC up high. I noticedt the revs drop really fast enbetween 2,500 and 700rpm. Do I slow that down with the TF?

PRAY
December 11th, 2007, 07:24 AM
Sorry guys. Research is your friend. I just did a little research and I hadn't clicked on the LTIT's. Now the RAFIG works.

PRAY
December 12th, 2007, 03:27 PM
WTF. I got all the PID's working. I made a PID file just to log these perameters with the rest of my pertiment PIDs. I was useing them to tune my friends 04 GTO. Now I hook them up to my car (02 Z06) and it says they are invalid. So I uploaded the log from the GTO, because that was the only way I could get to the pids, and it still doesn't work on my car. What am I missing? I am about to throw this computer out the window.

Doc
December 12th, 2007, 03:52 PM
Please post the PIDs you are currently attempting to log. Are you using the preconfigured RAFIG Map that came with the scantool?

PRAY
December 12th, 2007, 04:44 PM
I am running the pre-config map for the RAFIG. It seems to be getting info from the Idle Air Flow Correction PID. It is working as well as I can tell. I am also logging both Long and Short Term Corrections in Gear, AC on and off. I am also logging both TF and TC. I am being told that the STIT/LTIT/TF/TC are all not valid. If I click off either the STIT/LTIT in Gear AC off then the IAFC/RAFIG becomes invalid as well. I am mostly concerned about the TF/TC. I think that is where my issues are coming from. I really want to log them. I am pretty sure those are not shutting off. I just think it is extreamly strange that the pids work on a GTO but not on my Vette.