PDA

View Full Version : Multiple Questions

Dale
December 11th, 2007, 07:52 AM
Now that I have my idle problem fixed, I'm on to other things. Have questions though....

1. What is minimum requirements for a 411 to throw a running rich SES light. xx o2 voltage for xx length.

2. I have read that the L31 tune is conservative on its timing. What is a safe but noticeable amount to start increasing it? .5, 1 ,3 5??

3. Should I move fuel and timing at once. Or get fuel right, then bring timing up to knock, then move back down a hair?

4. I see many timing tables, which one is the "right one". 5913,5914 and assume it reads 13 first, then resorts to 14 at knock? Or 5932 and 5933. Do I really need to mess with 5919 and some of the others? :help2:

5. This one is long, concerning speedo... When I start the car, it ramps up some mph, even though I'm parked. Then no mater what, the speedo doesnt work and the computer reads the same speed. I am assuming I wired something up wrong, but it looked fairly strait forward. I wired my VSS to "red20" and "red 21", then put "red 50" to my cluster. Anyone willing to help here, anything would be grateful. I had to drive to work today with a cop behind me most of the way and no speedo. :muahaha:

6. With my old injection system, I had some lope at idle. The way this current system is setup, It doesnt have that anymore. I have not changed the cam, so I know I can get it back. But what is needed? Less idle RPM and some low timing?

:edit: typo on number 1