PDA

View Full Version : Nitrous timing retard

PRAY
December 12th, 2007, 05:24 AM
Is there a table in a 02 Z06 file that will retard timing when nitrous is activated? I think I have read of one in the custom operating systems but I want to run my stock system. If there is not one, does any one know if there is a piggy back system that will do it? On my 91' Z28, MSD made a timing retard box that spliced into the system. If figured with technology the way it is now there may just be a table for it.

Kevin Doe
December 12th, 2007, 05:34 AM
Why do you not want to run one of the custom OSs?

Doc
December 12th, 2007, 06:38 AM
http://www.harrisspeedworks.com/shop/product.php?productid=16953&cat=0&page=1&featured

PRAY
December 12th, 2007, 06:49 AM
I am more familiar with the stock stuff. Plus I like running the MAF for right now. The weather will change 50-60* a day where I live. An SD tune fluctuates too much for me in that big of a weather difference. I don't see or feel any power differences between the two at my level right now either. The car is still slightly under 500rw on a dynojet. I probably just don't tune well enough yet to notice any differences.

What are some of the advantages for me to switch to a COS? If it is better I may go with it.

Doc. Thanks for the link.