PDA

View Full Version : As new 2 tunning as it gets check out my tune!

1Hotbird
December 12th, 2007, 03:59 PM
Please forgive my ignorance I am as new to tuning as it gets!!!
I won't be able to do any drive loging because of the 2feet of snow on the ground here. But I figure I can play with the cold start stuff (its around 10 degrees out here!)

Just got the combination together and had it dyno tuned, I have a few cold start issues (Surging).

Anything else look out of wack? Looks like he changed alot of the traction control stuff, is that normal? The spark maps look messed up but maybe that normal?

Thanks!

Also should I upgrade to a 2002 os? What are the perks of doing this?

joecar
December 12th, 2007, 06:08 PM
1Hotbird, welcome to the forum. :cheers:

The perk of upgrading to the 2002 OS 12212156 is that you can then jump right into COS5 which has some very interesting features.

Timing tables look very strange... too much timing at low/idle RPM's with a sudden drop as it transitions to the rest of the table...

VE table just climbs to 5200 and then just "flattens" out...?

Could also make PE B3618 richer and/or make CFOL B3605 last 3 columns maybe just a little richer for the rows in the operating temps.

Cheers,
Joe
:cheers:

Biggsy
December 12th, 2007, 06:37 PM
I'm with Joe on the timing table, no smoothness to it at all. Also, the low octane table is a direct copy of the high octane table.

5.7ute
December 12th, 2007, 08:15 PM
1Hotbird, welcome to the forum. :cheers:

The perk of upgrading to the 2002 OS 12212156 is that you can then jump right into COS5 which has some very interesting features.

Timing tables look very strange... too much timing at low/idle RPM's with a sudden drop as it transitions to the rest of the table...

VE table just climbs to 5200 and then just "flattens" out...?

Could also make PE B3618 richer and/or make CFOL B3605 last 3 columns maybe just a little richer for the rows in the operating temps.

Cheers,
Joe
:cheers:
Joe, what do you make of the commanded fuel table under 60 kpa?Commanding 18 to 1 afr to me is going to destroy that engine. Or is this just standard practice for an IFR hack.

SV8346
December 12th, 2007, 08:26 PM
yeah i agree commanded fuel table is running way to lean for under 60kpa. and the timing table needs some serious smoothing.

SV8346
December 12th, 2007, 08:51 PM
maybe give this a bit of a go.

1Hotbird
December 13th, 2007, 02:07 AM
yeah i agree commanded fuel table is running way to lean for under 60kpa. and the timing table needs some serious smoothing.

Im not a tunner yet but I belive he was trying anything to get fuel out of it on the top end. My intake and tb on this combination is very very restrictive!!
There for needing to pull fuel on the top end like crazy.

Tonight I will look and the tune that sv8346 sent, and I will probably have a million questions!! Thanks

joecar
December 13th, 2007, 04:31 AM
Joe, what do you make of the commanded fuel table under 60 kpa?Commanding 18 to 1 afr to me is going to destroy that engine. Or is this just standard practice for an IFR hack.I was thinking that is what is going on... combined they bring the AFR to a sensible value...

hmmm... really, we/I shouldn't assume anything...

So, really it's an indication that other things are bad.

Doc
December 13th, 2007, 05:07 AM
The snow on the ground just could save your setup. Plenty of time to read tutorials by the fire.

The sole biggest benefit to upgrading to the 02 OS is the absence of the backup VE table.

1) Get a WB02

2) Read the AutoVE tutorial; LC-1 install

2) Read/comprehend/ask questions about general operation/definitions of the two fueling methods employed by the pcm Open Loop Closed Loop.

joecar
December 13th, 2007, 06:38 AM
+1.

TAQuickness
December 13th, 2007, 09:24 AM
+1

Welcome to the forum 1Hotbird! I haven't been able to download and look at your tune. Judging from the responses so far, perhaps it would be a good idea to visit www.holdencrazy.com (http://www.holdencrazy.com) and download the '99_converted_to_'02 OS.

You can flash this tune in your car for a known good starting point, then follow Doc's suggestions to learn and tune your own car. And, since you're snowed in, you can frequent the forum for help with any questions you may have!

Good Luck

1Hotbird
December 13th, 2007, 01:36 PM
The snow on the ground just could save your setup. Plenty of time to read tutorials by the fire.

The sole biggest benefit to upgrading to the 02 OS is the absence of the backup VE table.

1) Get a WB02

2) Read the AutoVE tutorial; LC-1 install

2) Read/comprehend/ask questions about general operation/definitions of the two fueling methods employed by the pcm Open Loop Closed Loop.

I did get a Wideband when I got my EFI live, its a Lc-1 (not installed yet) Im starting to read through tutorial's and figuring everything out. I don't plan on messing with the tune Till I know alot more about everything!
Also I am planning on taking a class on it, but I want to know as much as possible before I go to the class and get totally overwhelmed with info!

Anyone know of any good books on the subject of tunning with EFI live?