PDA

View Full Version : Tunning friends truck

blazinblue
December 12th, 2007, 05:46 PM
Alright he has a 1999 Sierra 5.3L .. Well im still new to Efilive, And im wondering what i should tune for without a WB. I'll adjust the shift points, tire size ect.. Should i up the octane tables untill i see KR? Just looking to get some ponies out of the truck. What other tables should i look for when tuning the truck? Or does anyone has a modified tune i can look at? Thanks in advance!

joecar
December 12th, 2007, 06:16 PM
BB,

Can also do this:
- increase shift pressures by 10-15%, and ramp them up right from zero (i.e. no flat spots);
- decrease shift times to 0.3s;
- decrease torque reduction to 15-20%;
- set the throttle kickdown tables to 100%;

As for tuning, post up some logs showing LTFT's and various other parameters: VSS, RPM, SPARK, KR, AFR, IAT, ECT, GEAR, DYNCYLAIR_DMA, MAP, MAF, TP.

Might not be a good idea to increase the timing tables until you know what the actual AFR is.

Cheers,
Joe
:cheers:

blazinblue
December 13th, 2007, 02:46 AM
I was thinking of logging the hi/low octane tables map and copying the info to the tunning tool, then logging the KR at the same time and adjust it in the tables. Then go up a little by little. Is that the correct way to do it? Will i notice performance gains?

Doc
December 13th, 2007, 03:18 AM
You are playing with fire messing with Fuel/Air/Spark with no WB02. You should see a very nice "SAFE" performance gain with the tranny settings alone. Especially, since this is a truck we are talking about. Bottom line,

GET A WIDEBAND

blazinblue
December 13th, 2007, 11:33 AM
I do have a wideband, its just a friends truck that ill be doing a little bit of tunning.. I'm just wondering how can wait4me tune the spark tables without a wideband. Because a stock tune and my tune have very different octane tables.

cmitchell17
December 13th, 2007, 04:08 PM
Ive been tuning my truck and have had it tuned with a 12.4-12.6 AFR and 26-29 degrees of timing at WOT.

Ive had it like this for almost a year with about 10k on it.

Ive heard from others who had stock trucks and got a WB that the stock commanded PE is very close to what they see on a WB.

However i can not really tell the diffrence when I increased the timing from stock to 26-29degrees at WOT. But I don't have a dyno to tell.

The main thing to do is get rid of the PE delay mode.
This means at WOT before a certain rpm and time the engine is running at 14.7AFR although it is running pretty low timing.

I made my timing table based a little off the optimal timing table.