PDA

View Full Version : New guy, dumb question

Pipeliner
December 13th, 2007, 01:22 PM
Hi everyone, this is my first post. I'm not new to diesels but I am new to all this DPF bull$hi+. I had a 07 classic 4x4 CCDRW, and I had an unfortunate encounter with a train. My new truck is the same but the new body style. I have my 4" exhaust off of my 07. From what I've read I can run it on my new truck if I have the flashscan, is this correct? I'm sure this has been answered 1000 times on here, but 1 more probably won't hurt anyone.:help2: :beer: :beer:

camcojb
December 13th, 2007, 01:39 PM
Hi everyone, this is my first post. I'm not new to diesels but I am new to all this DPF bull$hi+. I had a 07 classic 4x4 CCDRW, and I had an unfortunate encounter with a train. My new truck is the same but the new body style. I have my 4" exhaust off of my 07. From what I've read I can run it on my new truck if I have the flashscan, is this correct? I'm sure this has been answered 1000 times on here, but 1 more probably won't hurt anyone.:help2: :beer: :beer:

yes, the 07 Classic exhaust will fit from the cat back, or from the down pipe. You have to turn off the DPf in the tune.

Jody

Pipeliner
December 13th, 2007, 02:00 PM
But that can be done easily with this programmer, right?

camcojb
December 13th, 2007, 02:01 PM
yes

Pipeliner
December 13th, 2007, 02:10 PM
Good, now I just need to find a place to buy one. Can't wait to get rid of this $hi+.

ScarabEpic22
December 13th, 2007, 05:00 PM
Hold on a sec man, you do realize this isnt a precanned programmer, right? Not just a plug n press a couple buttons and its done... little more involved than that.

comet07
December 13th, 2007, 05:23 PM
What do you mean by an "unfortunate encounter with a train"?:Eyecrazy:

Pipeliner
December 14th, 2007, 04:09 AM
Yes, I understand that. I just wanted to make sure I could disable the dpf. If you or anyone else can do it, I'm pretty sure I can figure it out. This will be my first experience with efi. It won't be my first with programmers or diesel engines. Oh, my old truck was hit by a train, long story.:bawl:

Trippin
December 14th, 2007, 07:20 PM
Let me know how I can help. I specialize in Duramax. :D