PDA

View Full Version : Updates, once again...

Drake
September 20th, 2004, 02:41 PM
Sorry to keep bothering you folks (okay, I'm not really sorry), but we're just curious how things are progressing.

Maybe you can give a discount to those of us who who have bugged you the most. 8)

87gmc
September 20th, 2004, 03:32 PM
I check the site 20 thousand times a day hoping to see something. HEHE i cant just wait to get my hands on it. I'm like a kid waiting to get that candy :D

I was curious i dont know if beta can tell us any info but i was wondering if tuner will have more features and functions than hp and edit. I have heard somethings are left out on hp and tuner such adjusting knock sensor on hp and things like. CAn you guys give any info without breaking the agreement you guys have with efi?

Chris

Blacky
September 20th, 2004, 03:49 PM
Sorry to keep bothering you folks (okay, I'm not really sorry), but we're just curious how things are progressing.

Maybe you can give a discount to those of us who who have bugged you the most. 8)

The wait is driving me nuts too, and I know pretty much the status of all the different parts of this product, so I can only imagine the frustration for you patient ones who are still waiting. (thanks by the way).

There will be a large discount for all EFILive V6 Pro users who wish to upgrade to FlashScan. Basically the upgrade will be half of the retail price. The retail price will be similar to exising tuning products. That's about as specific as I will get right now.

Paul

Blacky
September 20th, 2004, 03:59 PM
I check the site 20 thousand times a day hoping to see something. HEHE i cant just wait to get my hands on it. I'm like a kid waiting to get that candy :D

I was curious i dont know if beta can tell us any info but i was wondering if tuner will have more features and functions than hp and edit. I have heard somethings are left out on hp and tuner such adjusting knock sensor on hp and things like. CAn you guys give any info without breaking the agreement you guys have with efi?

Chris

The Personal version will have more features than any other product currently available. Currently there are about 370* unique calibrations that can be adjusted using the Personal version. (For the beta testers using EFILive Tuning Tool, you can see the calibration count displayed in the Help-About window).
The Workshop version will have more features and more calibrations than the Personal version - but it will also cost a lot more.

* This value should not really be used to "compare" features between tuning tools as the method of deciding what is a "unique" calibration may differ considerably.

EFILive FlashScan has been designed with constant input from people who's job it is to build and tune *very* high performance LS1's every day. i.e. it has been designed by tuners for tuners and as such we believe it does not lack any features.

And part of EFILive's software update policy is, if any software features are missing (that should be there) they will be included in future updates free of charge.

Regards
Paul

Drake
September 20th, 2004, 06:23 PM
:shock:

I check the site a lot too. From the sound of things, I'm really glad I waited. I'm really digging the sound of the included upgrades. Price sounds right too. 8)

87gmc
September 21st, 2004, 02:13 AM
Good things come to those who wait :D

bink
September 21st, 2004, 02:24 AM
Good things come to those who wait :D

I feel fortunate that I have been in a position to wait.
Alot of guys couldn't wait due to immediate tuning needs.
If not for the help of GMPX I would be in the second boat ( Thanks Ross!!).

I'll continue to wait. :D

Drake
September 21st, 2004, 04:24 AM
I've been needing to tune for six months. I have a dual stage dry setup, running one stage at 75 HP. It's great, I tell you what. :roll:

The only thing that's held me back is wanting to buy this product. I'm big on the DIY, and can rent dyno time, so why pay someone when I can take my time and figure it out myself?

GMPX
September 21st, 2004, 06:24 PM
As Paul said we really appreciate you guys hanging out, I know what seems like days to us is probably a month in reality....hey I haven't fired up the PS2 at night for many months now, it's killing me!!.

The Beta test program has been really helpful, it is great getting input from well respected tuners who tune 4 or 5 LS1's a day, they have offered suggestions that us computer geeks would never have thought of.

There has also been 4 or 5 revisions of the hardware, in the end I said no more additional features fellas, this is it, but that is now finalised and in production as we speak, so it's all looking good that Santa will get to play with Flashscan too.

Blacky
September 21st, 2004, 08:12 PM
I check the site 20 thousand times a day

Ah-ha!! know I know who uses up all the bandwidth :evil:
Paul

Drake
September 22nd, 2004, 04:26 AM
Hardware is in production... Won't be long now.

Sweet. 8)

87gmc
September 22nd, 2004, 04:27 PM
I check the site 20 thousand times a day

Ah-ha!! know I know who uses up all the bandwidth :evil:
Paul
:mrgreen:

Z16DNA
September 28th, 2004, 11:51 AM
Please put me in line. I know it's long, but Santa I've been such a good boy this year :twisted:

Drake
September 28th, 2004, 01:24 PM
Santa? What about Columbus Day, Election Day, Veterans Day, and Thanksgiving??

87gmc
September 28th, 2004, 02:28 PM
I'm kinda of like the mervyns commercial where the ladies at door saying open open open, im like release release so i can buy :lol:

jimmyblue
September 30th, 2004, 01:00 PM
Santa? What about Columbus Day, Election Day, Veterans Day, and Thanksgiving??

As long as it ain't the freakin' Easter Bunny... chop, chop!

87gmc
October 1st, 2004, 06:28 AM
Soooooooooooo any updates? :idea:

GMPX
October 1st, 2004, 04:04 PM

Hey thanks Jimmy Blue, I guess staying up until 1 - 2am everynight trying to get this thing finished isn't enough for some people. :x

bink
October 2nd, 2004, 06:20 AM

Hey thanks Jimmy Blue, I guess staying up until 1 - 2am everynight trying to get this thing finished isn't enough for some people. :x

Your dedication is appreciated worldwide....that's why most of us are "sitting tight" :D
Actually, I guess it's your skill and dedication.

jimmyblue
October 3rd, 2004, 09:57 AM
Hey, I wouldn't flog you if I didn't care.... :wink:

bink
October 14th, 2004, 10:52 AM
Hey, I wouldn't flog you if I didn't care.... :wink:

:roll: :roll: :roll: