PDA

View Full Version : How to change AFR?

mikeyayell
December 14th, 2007, 10:43 AM
How do I change my AFR to make my car run richer down low? It bogs real bad til I get to about 2k because of lack of fuel.

Thanks

Biggsy
December 14th, 2007, 12:48 PM
If your VE table is correct, OL commanded fuel {B3605} and PE table {B3618} will change that.

SOMhaveit
December 14th, 2007, 02:13 PM
One way would be to increase values in VE table for appropriate cells.

mikeyayell
December 14th, 2007, 04:29 PM
The car bogs at take off and it showing extremely lean til 2k. So just change
that section in the VE? BTW im in speed density if that matters.

Biggsy
December 14th, 2007, 06:37 PM
WBO2 shows lean?

You need to do AutoVE to make you VE values correct.

If (for example) you are commanding 12.8 A/F but WBO2 is showing 15 A/F, the VE table numbers for that part of the tune will need to be increased.

If (for example) you are commanding 15 A/F but you want 12.8, the PE and/or OL Table values will need to be changed to command 12.8 A/F

SOMhaveit
December 15th, 2007, 01:16 AM
The car bogs at take off and it showing extremely lean til 2k. So just change
that section in the VE? BTW im in speed density if that matters.

Changing VE is just one way. If you have not done the AutoVE yet you should try that. Follow the tutorial.

You can also change the rpm at which Power Enrichment kicks in and eliminate the delay. If you're in SD, look at commanded fuel in open loop to see what's happening there.

Spark timing can also be one of the causes. There's really no way to make a good guess w/o lots of info.

mikeyayell
December 15th, 2007, 03:26 AM
I cant ever get my FAST to work correctly with Autove, so I am going to borrow a buddys LC-1. When I Autove does it change my ve table for me? Make it the way it should be? Also, what type of me ve table should I start with? I have forged 347 H/C/I

Thanks

SOMhaveit
December 15th, 2007, 05:51 AM
The autoVE will adjust the VE table for you based upon your logged data.
Read the tutorial to get famaliar with it.

Stock VE table +15% maybe. I started with the 2002 LS6 table + 7% & went from there. You just need to be careful not to go lean as you are starting the process.

5.7ute
December 16th, 2007, 06:20 PM
I cant ever get my FAST to work correctly with Autove, so I am going to borrow a buddys LC-1. When I Autove does it change my ve table for me? Make it the way it should be? Also, what type of me ve table should I start with? I have forged 347 H/C/I

Thanks
AutoVE will map out what changes you need to make to the Vetable. It is only an automatic process when used in conjunction with a Roadrunner.

SOMhaveit
December 17th, 2007, 01:26 AM
I guess to be more precise, I probably should have said that the AutoVE will change your VE table, but you do have to make a few key strokes to apply the calculations to your table - unless you have Roadrunner. Again, follow the tutorial.