PDA

View Full Version : A couple of Q's...AutoVE etc...

hquick
December 15th, 2007, 09:03 AM
I'm having alot of trouble tuning my Burb so I'm just double, triple, quadruple checking everything and reading as much on this forum as possible (I think I've read every post 6 times).
I was just going over the AutoVE tutorial AGAIN :Eyecrazy: when I noticed it is saying to setup the commanded fuel tables using stoich values.
Is this incorrect?
Doesn't that put the vehicle in 'semi closed' loop?
I'm confused...again...still....:frown: :nixweiss:
Second question....I noticed in my tune, under boost in some area's my AFR is hitting the rich 'limit' of less than 10.0.
I don't command that anywhere in the tune?
In the scantool (on my laptop, whilst driving...keeping both eyes on the road of course) I see my commanded AFR of say 14.7 and my actual of...13 or so. I don't believe my VE table is that far out so...hmmm...how to ask this question....
Is the commanded AFR displayed 'pre' modifiers?
I would think the displayed, commanded AFR would be AFTER the PCM has made it's calculations taking all modifiers into account? :nixweiss:
Does that question make sense????

Thanks

MICK
December 15th, 2007, 10:14 AM
Gidda Howard,

Have been watching your progress and yep this time there are plenty of factors that come into play.

I was just going over the Auto VE tutorial AGAIN , when I noticed it is saying to setup the commanded fuel tables using stoich values.
Is this incorrect?
Doesn't that put the vehicle in 'semi closed' loop?

The way you have it setup at 1.01 in the most part is ok. This will command a AFR of 14.485 through that area. There is supposed to be a semi closed loop thing happening in the cos systems when you set up your AFR to 14.63 and command a EQ of 1.

One thing you could do using the bidi controls in the scan tool, is to over ride the fueling at idle to find the best AFR. Once you do find the fuel daburb likes you can lock those cells out of future tuning.

I would think the displayed, commanded AFR would be AFTER the PCM has made it's calculations taking all modifiers into account?

I would have to agree with you there Howard, it should be the finial result of all calculations.

Howard, when using the IFR to tame those 42's with the fuel pressure you are running, when you are a little off in your tune the fuel pressure will cause greater fluctuations causing you to pull whats left of your hair out.

I know that I have told you this before but if you run a lower fuel pressure, you will have much better luck as this will be more forgiving when the tune is a little out with those injectors.

I really think you need to pull some of that fuel pressure and reset your IFR to suit as you just don't need it, right now anyway.

I think you will have much better luck once you do this.....:)

This is just MHO.

Cheers

Mick.......:rockon:

hquick
December 15th, 2007, 10:28 AM
Thanks Mick,
I WILL buy an adjustable FPR...very soon.
Another thing I noticed. My Spark.IAT table is still standard as per the van base tune.
I think this is what's pulling the guts out of my timing?
Should I change this table?
I have a tune here from a 454 with the exact same setup as mine and he's zero'd out that table???

MICK
December 15th, 2007, 10:45 AM
Try it out mate, it will soon tell you!

hquick
December 15th, 2007, 11:45 AM
I might try setting B5943 to 0.5 accross the board...effectively halving the effect of B5911 and see if that helps.

MICK
December 15th, 2007, 01:52 PM
Have a look at B5908, very suss that the timing is right where you get that bucking?

Just as a Test, flatten that out and try it out.

hquick
December 15th, 2007, 01:59 PM
The whole table?...All '0's?

MICK
December 15th, 2007, 02:12 PM
Yep, just for a test to narrow it down. (0)

Not ruling out what your looking at though.

B5908 just stands out a little more to me...:)