PDA

View Full Version : Idle surge coming to a stop

slowhawk
December 16th, 2007, 05:44 AM
This is on a OLSD tune.Been having this problem on 3 built cars that are all 00 Camaro's.I'm ussing different base files for 01 +02 Camaro's with the same problem.

The cars all have the same problem. 50% of the time they idle fine when coming to a stop.Then for no reason coming to a stop they will drop idle to 200-500rpm or all completely die.The A/F's are set to 14-1 to 15-1.Timing base is holding at 24-28 degree's.Cars are showing no signs except extremely slow IAC count at idle -sometimes.

I've adjusted all throttle follower and cracker tables with no fix.

any idea's? I'm starting to think the base 2000 computer is the problem.

slowhawk
December 20th, 2007, 04:23 AM
Slowdown the answers please:D

Well,it still does it nomatter what I change.I even got it to hang idle at 1400rpm coming to a stop but sometimes it will just die for no reason.I see that the IAC just drops to idle setting and I'm trying to get it to ramp down but it just won't.It is also stupid slow to react when the idle drops to 300rpm,takes about 5-10 seconds for it to react and open the IAC more.Then it revs to 2000rpm.

stupid computers.

Chuck CoW
December 20th, 2007, 06:31 PM
Slowdown the answers please:D

Well,it still does it nomatter what I change.I even got it to hang idle at 1400rpm coming to a stop but sometimes it will just die for no reason.I see that the IAC just drops to idle setting and I'm trying to get it to ramp down but it just won't.It is also stupid slow to react when the idle drops to 300rpm,takes about 5-10 seconds for it to react and open the IAC more.Then it revs to 2000rpm.

stupid computers.

Don, Give me a buzz.... I have an 02 ZO6 running COS5 with a Road Runner and I'm seeing something similar.....

I'll possibly have time some time friday to chat about it.

914-332-0049
Chuck

SSpdDmon
December 20th, 2007, 08:39 PM
This is on a OLSD tune.Been having this problem on 3 built cars that are all 00 Camaro's.I'm ussing different base files for 01 +02 Camaro's with the same problem.

The cars all have the same problem. 50% of the time they idle fine when coming to a stop.Then for no reason coming to a stop they will drop idle to 200-500rpm or all completely die.The A/F's are set to 14-1 to 15-1.Timing base is holding at 24-28 degree's.Cars are showing no signs except extremely slow IAC count at idle -sometimes.

I've adjusted all throttle follower and cracker tables with no fix.

any idea's? I'm starting to think the base 2000 computer is the problem.
Throttle cracker is for off-throttle issues (ie rolling idle). Throttle follower is for on-throttle issues.

I'm curious to see what you have done. Can you post up the tune and list of mods? Any reason why the factory OS wasn't the right answer for you?

brokenfly
December 21st, 2007, 06:01 AM
i have had some good results slowing down the rate of decay in the {B4317} table...

The Alchemist
March 3rd, 2008, 06:25 PM
try ramping up the base timing as the revs drop. What I do is leave 800-1000 rpm at say 28 degrees ( perferred idle timing ) then at 400 put 30 degrees and 32 deg at zero rpm, this helps the over/under spark flare settings to get on top on an idle droop quickly

Highlander
March 9th, 2008, 04:48 PM
The first step would be to check the desired airflow table and that rafigs are close to 0 and/or learning is enabled at a lower temperature so you can see what is going on.

When is this happening and do you have a big cam in them?

finishline
March 13th, 2008, 04:40 PM
On standard shift cars I turn off the throttle cracker.

slowhawk
March 18th, 2008, 02:41 PM
Throttle cracker is for off-throttle issues (ie rolling idle). Throttle follower is for on-throttle issues.

I'm curious to see what you have done. Can you post up the tune and list of mods? Any reason why the factory OS wasn't the right answer for you?

I ended up getting it but forget now what I did.The car has easilly 60 downloads into it trying everything 1 by 1. The main problem was I only have these isssue's on 99/00 cars.Never a problem on 01/02 cars even though I'm running the same exact bin files.