PDA

View Full Version : Explorer questions

Ira
December 17th, 2007, 07:59 AM
The explorer path box shows:

\Desktop\My Computer\FarmerInTheDell (C:)\Program Files\EFILive\V8\EFILive_Hapi

When I think it should show:

C:\Program Files\EFILive\V8\EFILive_Hapi

When I'm traversing the left pane in the my computer display using the keyboard it seems like you're not checking for pending keystrokes as it's really slow whenever I pass a big directory.

The first time I started Explorer before plugging in an EFIlive I could not figure out how to get Explorer to recognize the cable. I finally had to unplug and re-plug in the cable. Now I know to click the FlashScan radio botton on the status bar but it's sure not obvious.

Ira

Blacky
December 17th, 2007, 11:06 PM
The explorer path box shows:

\Desktop\My Computer\FarmerInTheDell (C:)\Program Files\EFILive\V8\EFILive_Hapi

When I think it should show:

C:\Program Files\EFILive\V8\EFILive_Hapi
That's what Vista does in Explorer. Except it shows \Desktop as an icon, not as the workd Desktop.

When I'm traversing the left pane in the my computer display using the keyboard it seems like you're not checking for pending keystrokes as it's really slow whenever I pass a big directory.
I see what you mean, but it is not a trivial fix and is not a high priority.
I checked Vista Explorer and it does not update the right pane (ever) as you arrow up, down, left (expand) and right (collapse) in the left pane.
Windows XP updates the right pane if the left pane is not changed for more than "n" ms.

I prefer the Vista method.

The first time I started Explorer before plugging in an EFIlive I could not figure out how to get Explorer to recognize the cable. I finally had to unplug and re-plug in the cable. Now I know to click the FlashScan radio botton on the status bar but it's sure not obvious.
I guess if no devices are connected it could sit there polling for a connection until a device is connected. Then automatically connect to it.

Paul

Blacky
December 17th, 2007, 11:15 PM
I see what you mean, but it is not a trivial fix and is not a high priority.

I take that back, it is a trivial fix to emulate the Windows XP behaviour.

Regards
Paul

Ira
December 30th, 2007, 01:15 PM
Since it belongs under the same topic!

Ctrl+A does not select all.

I'd really like to be able to sort by extension(type) on the computer side so I can more easily copy all the PMM files, or maybe just a button to refresh all the necessary files which means I just just delete everything on the cable and click "Update" or "Install All". It's too much trouble to have to remember *.pmm + options.ini.

Ira

Blacky
December 30th, 2007, 01:30 PM
Since it belongs under the same topic!
Ctrl+A does not select all.

I know, I meant to add it. It will go in when I do the Ctrl+C, Ctrl+V, Ctrl+X hot keys.

I'd really like to be able to sort by extension(type) on the computer side so I can more easily copy all the PMM files.

Will be added. Found myself wanting to do exactly that.

or maybe just a button to refresh all the necessary files which means I just just delete everything on the cable and click "Update" or "Install All". It's too much trouble to have to remember *.pmm + options.ini.

Remember EFILive_Explorer is not a program that will be used frequently by the end users. It is just a utility that people can use to "manipulate" FlashScan behind the scenes. When V8 Scan Tool is released it will be just a button in the scan tool software to say "Update FlashScan" (or AutoCal) with the latest info. However, because V8 may not be available for a while, I may have to build it directly into EFILive_Explorer for the time being.

Regards
Paul