PDA

View Full Version : searching on how to get started-

December 17th, 2007, 05:45 PM
hello members-

where do i search for how to get started in using efi live-

i am buying the software with no clue but i am willing to learn and give it a go-

is their a step by step guide to get going-

i get my package in 3 days-

Any help would be really nice-

Thankyou-

5.7ute
December 17th, 2007, 06:34 PM
Welcome to the forum 427.
Start with the Autove tutorial & the idle tutorial on this forum. That should get you in a position to start. After that there are many people on this forum who can get you pointed in the right direction.

December 17th, 2007, 07:13 PM
:cheers: :cheers:

thankyou- for the quick reply-

joecar
December 18th, 2007, 04:16 AM
427, welcome to this forum... :cheers:

Also read the scantool and tunetool own PDF help files.

December 18th, 2007, 10:46 AM
427, welcome to this forum... :cheers:

Also read the scantool and tunetool own PDF help files.

thankyou and i will have a look at them soon-

Xtnct00WS6
December 18th, 2007, 07:26 PM
You'll need to get a wideband and hook it up to efi live. Once you do that...things will start to make sense. I'd suggest the LM-1 if you don't already have it. It'll show a read out of the AFR on the handheld unit so you can compare it to what ur seeing in efi live. That's a very important piece of info.

December 18th, 2007, 08:51 PM
You'll need to get a wideband and hook it up to efi live. Once you do that...things will start to make sense. I'd suggest the LM-1 if you don't already have it. It'll show a read out of the AFR on the handheld unit so you can compare it to what ur seeing in efi live. That's a very important piece of info.

the wife bought me the fast dual wideband kit for xmas-

i am one happy camper-

hquick
December 19th, 2007, 01:21 AM
Hey..welcome 427.
All I can say is read...read..read....and then some.

joecar
December 19th, 2007, 05:54 AM
And ask questions if you''re not clear on something. :notacrook:

December 19th, 2007, 11:34 AM
And ask questions if you''re not clear on something. :notacrook:

thats cool- i got a couple of jobs coming up soon- but i have been honest with myself and the customers to say i now nothing about the tunning process-

they are willing to wait and so am i until i get all the efi tools and more info and then get comfy-

it cant be that hard-with a lot of info and help-

thanks guys-really grateful-

hquick
December 19th, 2007, 01:13 PM
Yeah..about 12 months and you should be good to go. Lol!

December 19th, 2007, 01:17 PM

maybe longer- i am in no hurry-as long has the job gets done nicely and i know what i am doing-

the main point is i am willing to learn-

5.7ute
December 19th, 2007, 01:26 PM
You did jump in at the deep end Howard.:)

Biggsy
December 19th, 2007, 01:57 PM
maybe longer- i am in no hurry-as long has the job gets done nicely and i know what i am doing-

the main point is i am willing to learn-

I'd like to extend my welcome to the forum :cheers:

This is a great attitude to have, so you are starting the right way.
Read, read, read...... Ask questions, have a play. You'll get hooked!

December 19th, 2007, 02:24 PM
I'd like to extend my welcome to the forum :cheers:

This is a great attitude to have, so you are starting the right way.
Read, read, read...... Ask questions, have a play. You'll get hooked!

i have been hooked for a while- i have done engines-organised parts- but yet to tune-

that to me would be the whole package-

got the o2 kit today-so just waiting on the efi live kit-i will muck with my car before i do others-at least if something happens it happens to me-

hquick
December 20th, 2007, 07:42 AM
You did jump in at the deep end Howard.:)

You're right Mick....sink or swim! Lol!
Unfortunately...I have no choice and it's been around a year...actually longer (started with JET :rolleyes: ) and I still feel like a fish out of water! :Eyecrazy:
Only thanks to all you guys I'm getting somewhere. :cheers:

TAQuickness
December 20th, 2007, 08:18 AM
Welcome to the forum 427!

If you can't wait for you gear to show up, you can download the EFILive software here (http://www.efilive.com/download.aspx) and start getting familiar with it.

The content found in the help menus contain a lot of great info to get you going with the software, as well as tutorials to help get you started tuning.

Are you getting a V1 or V2?

December 20th, 2007, 09:54 AM
Welcome to the forum 427!

If you can't wait for you gear to show up, you can download the EFILive software here (http://www.efilive.com/download.aspx) and start getting familiar with it.

The content found in the help menus contain a lot of great info to get you going with the software, as well as tutorials to help get you started tuning.

Are you getting a V1 or V2?

the v2

OLS108
December 21st, 2007, 02:03 AM
iam in the same Boat 427, Ive been getting a heap of Help from fellow Aussie members Jezza, macca, Geoff from NTAE etc, all been a great hope... there is a lot to get my head around, and as for getting Hooked... too late:eek:

December 21st, 2007, 01:35 PM
iam in the same Boat 427, Ive been getting a heap of Help from fellow Aussie members Jezza, macca, Geoff from NTAE etc, all been a great hope... there is a lot to get my head around, and as for getting Hooked... too late:eek:

i totaly agree-

computer stuff-the way of the future i say-

but it will come in due time-