PDA

View Full Version : ..and then, there's the USA...

emarkay
December 20th, 2007, 02:15 AM
" GM: [New MPG and] Emission law may hamper muscle cars...."

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20071220/ap_on_bi_ge/muscle_cars;_ylt=AsSWQ6mvs_SJZOCGhkuT.4is0NUE
"The Corvette's chief engineer says the 2009 Corvette ZR1 may be the last in a long tradition of Detroit performance cars, endangered by stronger federal fuel economy regulations and limits on carbon dioxide emissions.

"High-performance vehicles such as this may actually be legislated out of existence," Tadge Juechter said at a recent showing of the ZR1, which is designed to have around 620 horsepower."

Funny, what about those ass-i-nine SUV's and monster pick-ups that many idiot Americans choose to drive daily?

As usual, and as has happened before, the stupid have managed to get noticed, and those with intelligence and abilities are left to suffer a fate worse than FWD:

Wimpy Performance Cars

A big, steaming pile of excrement is wished for all Hummer, non-contractor truck and SUV owners, and to those that endorse them. Your pig-headed antics have frightened the politicians into action in the name of economy and ecology.

MRK

SS2win
December 20th, 2007, 03:33 AM
I won't be missing it too much if it costs 100k. :bash:

dc_justin
December 20th, 2007, 04:15 AM
A big, steaming pile of excrement is wished for all Hummer, non-contractor truck and SUV owners, and to those that endorse them. Your pig-headed antics have frightened the politicians into action in the name of economy and ecology.

:rolleyes:

Chevy366
December 20th, 2007, 04:21 AM
" GM: [New MPG and] Emission law may hamper muscle cars...."

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20071220/ap_on_bi_ge/muscle_cars;_ylt=AsSWQ6mvs_SJZOCGhkuT.4is0NUE
"The Corvette's chief engineer says the 2009 Corvette ZR1 may be the last in a long tradition of Detroit performance cars, endangered by stronger federal fuel economy regulations and limits on carbon dioxide emissions.

"High-performance vehicles such as this may actually be legislated out of existence," Tadge Juechter said at a recent showing of the ZR1, which is designed to have around 620 horsepower."

Funny, what about those ass-i-nine SUV's and monster pick-ups that many idiot Americans choose to drive daily?

As usual, and as has happened before, the stupid have managed to get noticed, and those with intelligence and abilities are left to suffer a fate worse than FWD:

Wimpy Performance Cars

MRK
Hey , I resemble that remark , Pick-ups were before the plastic Hot Wheel toys .:D
Sorry to hear that , muscle cars have been a American Icon for years .
Just wait though we could be tuning Hydrogen soon , talk about "big bang theory" .
One way or another , someone will figure out how to keep Horse Power alive .

Ninety8C5
December 20th, 2007, 06:24 AM
Muscle cars may not be dead yet. Chevy announced the new 2009 ZR-1 Corvette with a 6.2L V8, 620 HP and 595 lb.ft. of torque. Available next summer. Definitely out of my price range.

For more info: http://www.corvettemuseum.com/specs/2009zr1/index.shtml

XLR8NSS
December 20th, 2007, 10:34 AM

You non contractor you. :p

Wasted Income
December 20th, 2007, 12:28 PM

I'm a non-contractor that owns...*GASP* TWO pickup trucks!!!

And I daily drive them. :muahaha:

Mr. P.
December 21st, 2007, 09:43 AM
:muahaha:

Mr. P. :)

Doc
December 21st, 2007, 04:43 PM
This is only another chapter in the holy green bible. The politicians could care less about emissions, or the enviroment, they only latch on to this hoax as an excuse to raise taxes and control the masses. This is merely a symptom / bi-product that fits the template-fast cars bad/ mass transit good. The politicians will continue to fly on their personal 747's and other large aircraft which spew way more than a perfomance car/truck could in it's entire lifetime.

They'll get my guns, performance vehicles, and booze over my dead body.

:cheers:

joecar
December 22nd, 2007, 09:12 AM
It is a very sad state that we're headed into...:frown::bawl:

vatman02
December 23rd, 2007, 05:26 AM
My car was makeing over 400 rwhp when i went on a trip to the east coast, and my car averaged 30 mpg. M6 I didn't know anything about tuning then, so someone else had tuned the car, or didn't as it turned out. He only shut off the o2 codes from being displayed. I think with a little tuneing and a 7th gear or lower 6th it could easily make 35 mpg. They already have an auto 6 speed. They wont die without a fight.

Garry
December 23rd, 2007, 05:49 AM
I think this MPG discussion is part of a modern witch hunt ... heck, I can drive my Hawk more economical than some people do their 4-banger that hardly has a quarter of the displacement I have in the LS1, and weighs half of what my car does. Sure, an LS1 won't be getting the MPG as a modern Diesel will (I usually drive my S60 Volvo @ 40-45mpg!), but the driver is just as important as the rest of the technical stuff ... if there's an idiot at the wheel (or rather, throttle), the car will use lots more than it could.

Maggie
January 16th, 2008, 09:12 PM
The owners of trucks, SUVs, Hummers & hot rods are not the ones to blame. After all, we are all enthusiast of performance vehicles.

IMO, If we are to point the shameful finger of blame...Then, It should be toward the super-wealthy eco-hucksters, politicians and globalist that enlist well meaning but ill-informed environmentalist to help pass feel good legislation that will create unimaginable profit from a "carbon trading" scam company and the sale of new-tech carbon footprint reducing gizmos and gadgets.

Maggie

Treurentner
January 17th, 2008, 10:49 AM
Hi guys,

The whole discussion is not existent.
You have to belive :bash: - and THEY have only words and statements without possibillity to verify the contents.
ALL the "FACTS" are manipulated with the only intention to rise the profit.
Nothing is true:
Landing on the moon nor the first men in the space
JFK assasination or 911 (as an inside job)
The relativity theory (Einstein was wrong)
the BIG hoax about the climate and the role of menkind in global warming.
On every fact you have to ask for whom it will useful and who has paid for.
In Germany we already have lost nearly all of our privacy rights in the name of the fight against terror. In in the USA now you have finger print & retina scanners and the homeland security to fight a non existent enemy. You will loose much more than you can imagine.
There is no international terrorism or was ever before.
And every day CNN says exactly the opposite, but who owns CNN?
Everything that happened was carfully planned and paid, only to rise your angstures and make you frighten - to give THEM the power to control you.
DO NOT BELIVE THEM! NEVER!
Only belive in your own power and make up your own view of the things.

Just my $0.02

Marco
(sorry about my bad english)

vatman02
January 17th, 2008, 12:06 PM
Hi guys,

The whole discussion is not existent.
You have to belive :bash: - and THEY have only words and statements without possibillity to verify the contents.
ALL the "FACTS" are manipulated with the only intention to rise the profit.
Nothing is true:
Landing on the moon nor the first men in the space
JFK assasination or 911 (as an inside job)
The relativity theory (Einstein was wrong)
the BIG hoax about the climate and the role of menkind in global warming.
On every fact you have to ask for whom it will useful and who has paid for.
In Germany we already have lost nearly all of our privacy rights in the name of the fight against terror. In in the USA now you have finger print & retina scanners and the homeland security to fight a non existent enemy. You will loose much more than you can imagine.
There is no international terrorism or was ever before.
And every day CNN says exactly the opposite, but who owns CNN?
Everything that happened was carfully planned and paid, only to rise your angstures and make you frighten - to give THEM the power to control you.
DO NOT BELIVE THEM! NEVER!
Only belive in your own power and make up your own view of the things.

Just my $0.02

Marco
(sorry about my bad english)

amen to that