PDA

View Full Version : FS not communicating in dead poll

Big Block
December 22nd, 2007, 12:06 PM
I am trying to upgrade to fimware V2_4_69.ffw and when I have the FS in dead poll with the orange leds flashing it will not communicate. Also I am having to disconnect the OBDII conector to the V2 to get it to communicate with the scan tool after flashing a new cal and visa versa. Any ideas on how to update the firmware in the V2?

joecar
December 22nd, 2007, 11:22 PM
I pm'd Tech Support.

Blacky
December 23rd, 2007, 12:22 AM
I am trying to upgrade to fimware V2_4_69.ffw and when I have the FS in dead poll with the orange leds flashing it will not communicate. Also I am having to disconnect the OBDII conector to the V2 to get it to communicate with the scan tool after flashing a new cal and visa versa. Any ideas on how to update the firmware in the V2?
Have you already upgraded to the Black Box logging beta firmware? If so, then you can't use the old firmware programmer, nor can you use the old firmware files (*.ffw).

If you have upgraded to the BBL firmware, you must use the EFILive Explorer program and the *.efw firmware files which are released as part of the public BBL beta program.
You can find more info about the BBL beta program here:
http://forum.efilive.com/showthread.php?t=6937

If you haven't upgraded to the BBL logging firmware, reply to this and let me know, there may be another cause.

Regards
Paul

Big Block
December 31st, 2007, 12:06 PM
I get error $0024 when I try to access the V2 using Efilive Explorer

Blacky
January 7th, 2008, 12:24 PM
Have you updated the boot block in FlashScan to V2.05.xx?

If you have not, then you cannot use EFILive_Explorer to reprogram the firmware in FlashScan. You need to use the existing FlashScan firmware programmer.

Error $0024 means: EFILive_Hapi.exe is not running. Check in the System try (at the end of the Windows task bar) to see if there is an EFILive icon indicating that EFILive_Hapi.exe is running.

Regards
Paul