PDA

View Full Version : Upgrade to release of 7.5.1?

Lennart
December 22nd, 2007, 11:14 PM
Is the latest release safe to use with the BB Logging beta?
Since we install a new version of _scan and _tune with every FW update I was wondering if the automatic update process is of any help.

Happy holidays,
Lennart

Blacky
December 22nd, 2007, 11:20 PM
Yes, you can update to V7.5.1, the *.exe's and *.dll that you were getting with BBL updates are the same ones that have gone into the V7.5.1 release.

As new *.exe's and *.dll are released as part of the BBL beta test, you can copy them over the top of V7 and/or V7.5.

We won't be using the installer/patching options during the BBL beta testing. But once it goes live, then all future software and firmware updates will be done via the installer/patching process. In fact once it does go live, you will need to delete the beta V8 folders and run the full V8 install, which can then be upgraded incrementally using the new patch process.

Regards
Paul

Chevy366
December 23rd, 2007, 04:39 AM
Alright ! :jump:
Saw there is a repair feature also .

oztracktuning
January 4th, 2008, 02:17 AM
My situation is the other way around. I have installed the latest autoupdate release 002 but havent implemented the BB logging on this laptop and my main V2 device.

How do i go about it?

Also how stable is it now to keep using and also flash LS1B E40 and E38 ??

Steve

Blacky
January 4th, 2008, 08:43 AM
My situation is the other way around. I have installed the latest autoupdate release 002 but havent implemented the BB logging on this laptop and my main V2 device.

How do i go about it?

Also how stable is it now to keep using and also flash LS1B E40 and E38 ??

Steve
The V7.5.2 release is recommended as the current stable release. The CD shipping with EFILive now has that version on it.

The BB logging release is built on top of the V7.5.2 release. The BB logging release requires you to update your FlashScan firmware from V2.04.xx to V2.05.xx. That update is not 100% tested yet. In fact we just had a situation where a T42 got put into deadpoll during reprogramming. The bug is fixed now, you can read about it here:
http://forum.efilive.com/showthread.php?t=7012

These types of issues may still occur. Next week we will be doing a comprehensive test of reflashing, deliberately killing and recovering all controller types. Once that is done we can be confident that it is ready for commercial use.

Regards
Paul