PDA

View Full Version : trying to install to new laptop?

Aint Skeered
December 23rd, 2007, 04:46 PM
I am using my dads laptop untill I got my own and now that i have one I cant get it to load. I tried to install but something did not look right so I selected cancel. Now I cant get it to load.

I tried to do an uninstall but I dont see Efi live anywhere on the uninstall list of programs. any one ever seen this?

SOMhaveit
December 23rd, 2007, 07:09 PM
Nope. Did you try rebooting the computer and reinserting the EFi Live disc?

Aint Skeered
January 5th, 2008, 11:32 AM
I tried plugging my v2 into the computer and it makes a noise but does not recognize it at as new software though. it did at first but i hit cancel to start over and it has not worked since. i tried to find the uninstall pdf but could not find it on search either. where is it located?

Chevy366
January 6th, 2008, 04:58 AM
I had this same thing happen to a Game install .
The Key Tokens are created in C:\ and I guess Windows thinks something is there but it isn't .
I knew programs installed both into the Registry and C:\ Program Files>InstallShield Installation Information (Key Tokens), I searched the Registry and removed all items there , nothing still no install , so I found the folder where the InstallShield Installation Information (Key Tokens) are installed and figured out which one belonged to the Program (sent entire folder contents (Ctrl+A) , InstallShield Installation Information, to Trash and then did install which created the Key Token for the program , went to Trash Folder deleted that entry (Key Token) from there and copied the rest (Key Tokens) back into the original folder) and removed it .
Have to have "Show hidden files and folders" checked under Tools , Folder Options .

May not be the problem here and I have never had to do this ever again , but it was a frustrating experience .