PDA

View Full Version : New cable type should be setup

Blacky
December 25th, 2007, 02:41 PM
If you have upgraded your FlashScan V2 cable to use the new BBL firmware (V2.5.xx or later), please change your FlashScan V7 (or V7.5) Scan Tool Properties to connect to the new FlashScan HAPI cable type instead of the old FlashScan V2 USB cable type. And uncheck Scan all cable types.

Setting this option will cause the EFILive V7 Scan and Tune software to attempt to communicate with the FlashScan device using the new V2.5 communications protocol first, instead of the older V2.4 (and earlier) protocol.

See attached image.

Regards
Paul

Lennart
December 30th, 2007, 02:27 AM
Will give it a try. For some reason the Scan Tool asked me to change settings from Fast to Dynamic to be able to log DMA_PIDs.
Even though the DMA_PIDs were Xed out it still logged them....weird.
Will do another session later to see what happens.

M_Minnick
January 22nd, 2008, 07:26 AM
I'm not seeing HAPI as an option in the cable select drop down box. I do have an option for 2.5, but it is USB.

Mike

Blacky
January 27th, 2008, 12:48 PM
I'm not seeing HAPI as an option in the cable select drop down box. I do have an option for 2.5, but it is USB.

Mike

Sorry, my mistake, I changed it to USB (from HAPI) because when using FlashScan V2.5 with the EFILive V7.5 software, it is still using the USB direct connection, not the HAPI connection (i.e. EFILive_Hapi.exe) that is used by the EFILive V8 software.

Regards
Paul

dfe1
January 31st, 2008, 03:22 AM
Is there any way to turn off the pop-up that asks if you'd like to change the preferred cable type? I use both V1 and V2 cables and every time I use the V1, I get the pop-up. No big deal, just a minor pain when you're trying to connect-- especially while driving.

Blacky
January 31st, 2008, 07:09 AM
Is there any way to turn off the pop-up that asks if you'd like to change the preferred cable type? I use both V1 and V2 cables and every time I use the V1, I get the pop-up. No big deal, just a minor pain when you're trying to connect-- especially while driving.

No, but now its on the "to do" list. :)

Note: There is an option (Properties->Options->Disable confirmation dialogs) to disable some of the more basic confirmation dialogs from showing. However, that particular dialog is not controlled by that setting.

Warning: Setting that option will bypass many of the "Data has not been saved, would you like to save it now" type of messages. In that case you will lose any changes and/or logged data without warning.

Paul