PDA

View Full Version : wideband all over the friggin place!

lastcall190
December 26th, 2007, 02:12 PM
So I got my LC1 in and working in the stock spot (tuning for OL), and when it finally starts reading "constant" it is all over the place, as low as 4:1 to 20:1, fluctuating faster than I can read it. Do I need to let it warm up more? What did I do wrong this time :bash:

-J

Tordne
December 26th, 2007, 03:17 PM
Did you follow the LC1 Tutorial? It is necessary to configure the voltage outputs and the EFILive PIDs to ensure the the AFR derived from the voltage is calculated correctly.

If you have a FlashScan V2 you may also need to calibrate the AD inputs (can not be done presently if you are running the Black Box Logging firmware).

Doc
December 26th, 2007, 04:37 PM
More details = More answers.

Vehicle Setup?
What values do you have in LM Programmer? Advanced Analog Out?
What channel(s) are you using on the V1/V2? LC1?
6 or 7 wire LC-1?
Where are you getting power and ground from?

With as little info you provided I can only suggest to unplug the sensor from the controller, remove it from the exhaust, turn on power to the LC-1 you should get the 2 flash(this forces a reset of all constants)(which if corrupt due to low power or poor ground can give whacked out readings). Power down. Plug the sensor back into the controller, let it go thru it's whole process out in free air.

Power the lc-1 down. Remove the sensor from the controller again. Plug it back in the exhaust. Plug it (the sensor) back into the controller. Power it up again. If the vehicle has been sitting around for over 6-8 hours you should see ~ 20 to 1. If it has been running then you will see the residule lingering exhaust.

The LC-1 is extremely sensitive to voltage and ground issues. A weak battery or a poor ground will have you chasing your tail. Properly setup, it is a very good unit. There is alot of information on the board and in the tutorials.

mr.prick
December 26th, 2007, 07:03 PM
how old is the sensor?

lastcall190
December 27th, 2007, 10:53 AM
More details = More answers.

Vehicle Setup?
What values do you have in LM Programmer? Advanced Analog Out?
What channel(s) are you using on the V1/V2? LC1?
6 or 7 wire LC-1?
Where are you getting power and ground from?

With as little info you provided I can only suggest to unplug the sensor from the controller, remove it from the exhaust, turn on power to the LC-1 you should get the 2 flash(this forces a reset of all constants)(which if corrupt due to low power or poor ground can give whacked out readings). Power down. Plug the sensor back into the controller, let it go thru it's whole process out in free air.

Power the lc-1 down. Remove the sensor from the controller again. Plug it back in the exhaust. Plug it (the sensor) back into the controller. Power it up again. If the vehicle has been sitting around for over 6-8 hours you should see ~ 20 to 1. If it has been running then you will see the residule lingering exhaust.

The LC-1 is extremely sensitive to voltage and ground issues. A weak battery or a poor ground will have you chasing your tail. Properly setup, it is a very good unit. There is alot of information on the board and in the tutorials.

Thanks, and yes I didn't give SHIT for information :bash: and for that I appologize. I appreciate your advice and will give it a try this weekend. I am at work I will answer this post when I get home.

-J

Doc
December 27th, 2007, 04:05 PM
No problemo, I hope you figure it out. If you need anymore help, just post up plenty-O-info.

Blacky
December 27th, 2007, 04:55 PM
So I got my LC1 in and working in the stock spot (tuning for OL), and when it finally starts reading "constant" it is all over the place, as low as 4:1 to 20:1, fluctuating faster than I can read it. Do I need to let it warm up more? What did I do wrong this time :bash:

-J

Are you accidentally logging the narrow band simulation that the LC-1 can output on one of the analog out wires are you? That narrow band simulation signal will vary wildly up and down 2-3 times per second, just like the narrow band O2 sensor in the vehicle.

Regards
Paul

joecar
December 28th, 2007, 01:19 AM
How have you got it connected (list off where you have each coloured wire connected to)...?

Are you getting any LED flashing error codes...?

Have you performed [as Doc said] the heater calibration and the free air calibration...?

lastcall190
December 29th, 2007, 11:46 AM
Well I had it wired up to the B and D wires, not C and D... yea there's a small problem. Wired it up CORRECTLY this time, and much better than before (heat shrink wrap, thermal resistant loom, etc.), calibrated, and fired it up. SUCCESS. Just got in from a 20 minute bout with AutoVE and I gotta say I've never been happier with the car. Complete rat's nest because if something happens I wanna be able to have access to everything.

First time I've driven the car in over a month (finally decided to stop being lazy as hell and FIX the problems I have/had), and I forsee a LOT of tuning tomorrow. I love EFI Live :rockon:

-J

smslyguy
September 1st, 2009, 02:00 AM

-J

i had this same problem with my lc1 and mine was due to the cd saying gound it for 3 sec and the paper work saying gound it for 30 sec for the free air test. I of course only used the cd. Mine to was fluctuating all over the place. I redid the air test with using the 30 sec and now it works fine.