PDA

View Full Version : V7.5.1 Icons

jfpilla
December 27th, 2007, 03:05 PM
Anybody else finding the scan and tune file icons are hard to tell apart. I like that they now are different from the desktop icons but would find it easier to work with them, when they are in the same folder, if they were more distinct. I use a flash memory card and have to read the description to be sure of what I transfer. It's not my eyes is it?:Eyecrazy:

TAQuickness
December 28th, 2007, 02:12 AM
I've noticed that this morning as well. The actuall scan or tune picture on the icon is a bit small and hard to distinguish.

Blacky
December 28th, 2007, 02:34 AM
I'mnot sure when/how/why Windows changes the default icons for the *.efi and *.tun file types. But to restore them, follow the steps in the attached image.

To bring up the file type editor, select Explorer's menu option: Tools->Folder Options...->[File Types]

The [Advanced] button may show as [Restore] - in that case, click on [Restore] which will then show the [Advanced] button.

The image shows the steps for WinXP. I presume Win2K is similar. I do not know how to do it for Vista - if anyone figures it out for Vista let me know.

Regards
Paul

TAQuickness
December 28th, 2007, 04:15 AM
Thanks Paul. The process is identical for W2K.

jfpilla
December 28th, 2007, 05:23 AM
Thanks Paul,
Step 4 in the thumbnail did it for me.
Joe