PDA

View Full Version : BB Logging Update Dec 31, 2007

Blacky
December 30th, 2007, 12:49 PM
Download these two files:

http://download2.efilive.com/Software/V7/EFILive_V752_035_70.zip
and
http://download2.efilive.com/Software/V8/EFILive_V811_016_15(31).zip

The ReadMe_First.rtf file has been updated to list the new features/options in this release.

If you have already upgraded to the new BB logging bootblock, then you do not need to (in fact you cannot) upgrade the bootblock again. Once it has been done, you only need to update the V2.05.xx firmware if/when new firmware is released.

There are two new firmware files:
1. FSProgV2_05_15(31).efw that you must program into FlashScan,
2. ACProgV2_05_15(31).efw that you must program into AutoCal (if you have an AutoCal unit), using the programming option in EFILive_Explorer.

IMPORTANT: AFTER programming the new firmare, you should delete ALL *.pmm files from the config folder in FlashScan and ALL files from the config folder in AutoCal (if you have an AutoCal device). Then copy in the new ones provided in the Config folder of this update. Failure to do so may cause FlashScan and/or AutoCal to fail when an attempt is made to select a vehicle.

The version numbers of the firmware files will not change between now and the final beta version. That means you will be able to re-program older firmware files during the remainder of the beta test period. The date of the firmware file will continue to be updated and it will provide the only true "version" reference and should be quoted when you post problems with any particular firmware "version"

Regards
Paul

TAQuickness
December 30th, 2007, 01:01 PM
Happy New Years Eve!

Edit: I don't care what Ross says, Paul, you are the MAN
!

Goldfinger911
December 30th, 2007, 01:44 PM
I figured I would post first. I tried BBL logging with my 2002 LS1 Manual, and no go. I hit the Display Data or Record Data... and nothing happens. I dont even get to the list of parameters. I cannot capture a trace file either because the logger doesnt start. No errors, nothing.

I am going to try reflashing, reformatting and recopying the PMM's again.

I will report back how it goes.

Once again, My car is a:
-2002 F-Body LS1
-OS version #12212156
-VIN # 2G2FV22G322155xxx

UPDATE: Tried it again. Reflash. Reformat. Recopy PMM's. Got nadda. No logging or viewing of any data. Also, no tracing.

Something else I noticed, is in the EFI Explorer, once in awhile, I get an Error $0101 when trying to install a splash, get the time, or refresh config space contents.

Damn.

Chuck CoW
December 30th, 2007, 01:47 PM
PAUL HAS SURFACED! Thank god you're alive! We thought you got eaten by a GREAT WHITE while on Christmas Vacation at the beach!;)

Thanks..I bet you got all sorts of goodies for us for CHRISTMAS and the NEW YEAR!

Keep it coming!
Chuck CoW

Blacky
December 30th, 2007, 05:31 PM
UPDATE: Tried it again. Reflash. Reformat. Recopy PMM's. Got nadda. No logging or viewing of any data. Also, no tracing.

That is strange, I don't understand this problem yet. I need more info but I don't know what to ask for yet...

Something else I noticed, is in the EFI Explorer, once in awhile, I get an Error $0101 when trying to install a splash, get the time, or refresh config space contents.

Possibly when FlashScan is in low power mode, it will take a bit longer to (wake up and then) reply to the PC than normal (you will get $0101). Just retry the operation. I will need to make EFILvie_Explorer "aware" that FlashScan may be in low power mode and to wait a bit longer.

Regards
Paul

Blacky
December 30th, 2007, 05:32 PM
PAUL HAS SURFACED! Thank god you're alive! We thought you got eaten by a GREAT WHITE while on Christmas Vacation at the beach!;)

Thanks..I bet you got all sorts of goodies for us for CHRISTMAS and the NEW YEAR!

Keep it coming!
Chuck CoW

I haven't been to the beach yet :( But will be soon :)
Hey Chuck, I think you need to get a bigger signature, I nearly missed it :D

Paul

SS2win
December 30th, 2007, 05:36 PM

Paul
Yeah, don't stop till it's two pages long... j/k :muahaha:

Blacky
December 30th, 2007, 05:37 PM
Happy New Years Eve!

Edit: I don't care what Ross says, Paul, you are the MAN
!

Well, its only 6.5 hours until next year - I've got the social life of a stick. Me and Jim Beam might not even make it to midnight tonight :(

How sad is this: I promised the kids they could stay up until midnight. But since I'm soooo tired I thought I might just wind the clocks forward 2 hours so they can celebrate new year at 10:00pm and then get them into bed early (and none-the wiser) :bawl: Am I a bad dad ???

Paul

XLR8NSS
December 30th, 2007, 05:59 PM
Do it Paul, that'll give you two extra hours to keep working on updates for us EFILive users. :P :D ;)

Will test the new update on my long ride to work in the morning.

HAPPY NEW YEAR!!!!

btw, I now have 24 hours until the new year, what a time difference. wow

TAQuickness
December 30th, 2007, 11:08 PM
Possibly when FlashScan is in low power mode, it will take a bit longer to (wake up and then) reply to the PC than normal (you will get $0101). Just retry the operation. I will need to make EFILvie_Explorer "aware" that FlashScan may be in low power mode and to wait a bit longer.

I've been getting a seemingly random $0101 since FW14. The frequency of the $0101 has gone way up with FW15(31). In my case, I have low power mode disabled.

Chuck CoW
December 31st, 2007, 05:48 AM
I haven't been to the beach yet :( But will be soon :)

Paul

Only problem now is..... I have a tiny avatar....

I want a BIG ONE like you and Ross!

Chuck CoW

p.s. I guess since you guys are so far ahead of us time wise, that AUTOCAL should be ready for sale by... TOMORROW!

I wonder.....If I move to NZ will I be getting my updates BEFORE the rest of the world....??? And if I move to Japan...will I get them even BEFORE Paul and Ross get em?????

GMPX
December 31st, 2007, 12:17 PM

I get at least 20 Emails a day with pills that can help out there ;)
Ask Andrew nicely, he's the forum master now.

Cheers,
Ross

dfe1
December 31st, 2007, 03:13 PM

Is having a big avatar compensation for having other things that are small?

TAQuickness
December 31st, 2007, 03:14 PM

Common now... We all know there is no replacement for displacement :D

GMPX
December 31st, 2007, 10:10 PM

For sure, my bank balance, scores on Xbox360 games, my tolerance for things in general........
I thought you bought a Ferrari if you were suffering from small avatar syndrome ?

dfe1
December 31st, 2007, 11:12 PM
I thought you bought a Ferrari if you were suffering from small avatar syndrome ? Not necessarily. Some people who suffer from small avatar syndrome (SAS) opt for avatar implants. Others bore and stroke their engines. The problem with Ferraris is that they have relatively small engines, so if you buy one to compensate for the size of your avatar, you still come up short.

lakingslayer
January 1st, 2008, 04:52 AM
I thought you bought a Ferrari if you were suffering from small avatar syndrome ?

We buy diesels.

dfe1
January 1st, 2008, 08:21 AM
We buy diesels. And with all the smoke, no one can see the size of your avatar.

More to the topic at hand, I added a pid file for E67 bb logging and everything seemed to work fine, except throttle position. Maximum is 81%, minimum is 22%. This is probably just an issue with using an E38 pid file for the E67.

Chuck CoW
January 3rd, 2008, 06:53 PM
We buy diesels.

Actually, I've been thinking.....

ABOUT A TURBO DIESEL AUTOMATIC 6 SPEED VETTE..... or maybe a 5 speed Allison....:D

Chuck CoW

lakingslayer
January 4th, 2008, 05:13 AM
Actually, I've been thinking.....

ABOUT A TURBO DIESEL AUTOMATIC 6 SPEED VETTE..... or maybe a 5 speed Allison....:D

Chuck CoW

You can get a 6 speed Allison now.:rockon:

And dfe1...you can just add a larger turbo or twins and get the smoke down.

dfe1
January 4th, 2008, 08:38 AM
You can get a 6 speed Allison now.:rockon:

And dfe1...you can just add a larger turbo or twins and get the smoke down.
So, you use a bigger turbo to compensate for a small avatar?

Hyper99
January 4th, 2008, 11:56 AM
Nah, they just put on a larger tailpipe........:Eyecrazy:

dfe1
January 4th, 2008, 12:31 PM
Nah, they just put on a larger tailpipe........:Eyecrazy:
Yeah, diesel guys are like that.

As for the above title, I hooked up my V2 to a 2002 Grand Prix GTP that had a Check Engine Light. V2 read the code fine, but when I tried to clear the code, I received an 0311 error--BUT- the code was cleared and the Check Engine light was turned off. I don't know if this is relevant because this particular controller isn't supported, but it might shed some light on the 0311 error code setting when it shouldn't.

Cougar281
January 4th, 2008, 01:13 PM
Ross & Paul, I think I mentioned that the Dec 31 FW would not read any Alli controller. The Dec 19 FW will read the 5 speed alli, but not the 6 speed. I flashed my TCM last night, and afterwards, I got a BUNCH of DTCs (such as Shift solenoid DTCs), but it seems to be running normally. Could this be from errors caused introduced by the beta firmware?

lakingslayer
January 4th, 2008, 02:24 PM
So, you use a bigger turbo to compensate for a small avatar?

You can but for me it's the 6.6L displacement that is why I don't need a large avatar :)

lakingslayer
January 4th, 2008, 02:25 PM
Ross & Paul, I think I mentioned that the Dec 31 FW would not read any Alli controller. The Dec 19 FW will read the 5 speed alli, but not the 6 speed. I flashed my TCM last night, and afterwards, I got a BUNCH of DTCs (such as Shift solenoid DTCs), but it seems to be running normally. Could this be from errors caused introduced by the beta firmware?

I'll have to see if I get the same results.

Garry
January 4th, 2008, 08:08 PM

Given fuel prices in Germany, I thought about dropping a BMW or Volvo Diesel in an F-Body to make a cool daily driver ... ;) Heck, I drive my S60 with well over 40mpg, old 320D Beemer didn't do any worse either ...

Lennart
January 4th, 2008, 09:22 PM
Given fuel prices in Germany, I thought about dropping a BMW or Volvo Diesel in an F-Body to make a cool daily driver ... ;) Heck, I drive my S60 with well over 40mpg, old 320D Beemer didn't do any worse either ...
If you drop a Duramax in your F-Body let me know !

Cougar281
January 5th, 2008, 01:18 PM
I'll have to see if I get the same results.

The codes I got (and am still getting) are:

P0748
P0763
P0768
P0773
P0778

Everything seems to work fine and shifts good. :nixweiss:

lakingslayer
January 6th, 2008, 10:24 AM
The codes I got (and am still getting) are:

P0748
P0763
P0768
P0773
P0778

Everything seems to work fine and shifts good. :nixweiss:

I'm not getting any DTC's. I loaded the '01 TCM OS back into my truck this morning as well as a new DSP5 tune and no DTC's after going and filling it up and comming back home. I'm using all the latest Beta firmware and SW from Dec. 31st.

Cougar281
January 9th, 2008, 02:07 AM
Update on my TCM issue; It SEEMS like the codes may have been a fluke (loose connector or something at first startup), but for some reason it seems like the EFILive was unable to clear the codes with the Dec19 FW in Pass-Through. No matter what I did, they would not go away. After loading this week's update, I was able to clear them in standalone, and they seem to be staying away. Either that, or the "problem" fixed it's self since...

lakingslayer
January 9th, 2008, 02:59 AM
Glad you got things fixed.