PDA

View Full Version : Force regeneration with EFILive?

Boost
December 31st, 2007, 11:06 AM
Can we do this yet? If not I think it should be a very important update. The Tech2 and even handhelds can do it so we really need to be able to do it with EFILive. Well for now at least we can clear / block codes that would not allow it, but "service regeneration" should be a very important part of LMM support.

camcojb
December 31st, 2007, 08:59 PM
they're working on it, maybe late January/February. Personally I think someone should figure out how to regen the stock way, not the 2500 rpms for 20 minutes, can't be driven, smokes, sounds like it'll blow up way.

Jody

Boost
January 1st, 2008, 02:37 AM
Good news. And service regen has to be at 2500 rpm, because the vehicle does not have a load on it. Any way you put it, a quiet peacful regen cannot happen.

camcojb
January 1st, 2008, 06:17 AM
Good news. And service regen has to be at 2500 rpm, because the vehicle does not have a load on it. Any way you put it, a quiet peacful regen cannot happen.

why not? It happens every tank or two with the stock computer.

Jody

Boost
January 11th, 2008, 02:13 AM
Yeah but doesn't it happen while your driving under a load anyway? Hence the problems with unable to regen if you drive a certain way. (??)

camcojb
January 11th, 2008, 04:31 AM
Yeah but doesn't it happen while your driving under a load anyway? Hence the problems with unable to regen if you drive a certain way. (??)

it can start just cruising down the road at 40 mph, and once started will continue, even at idle and slow speed. I just wish they could manually do the same, head down the road at 40 mph and force a start. Much better than having to sit still, 2500 rpm, sounds like it's going to blow up, smokes, etc. like they do in the service dept.

IdahoRob
January 11th, 2008, 11:07 AM
A customer of mine has a LMM Kodiak that has a switch to force regen. We've done it sitting at idle(just increases to about 1000rpm). Appears this could be just an upgrade using the Kodiak switch. This truck uses the standard ecm as far as I can tell.

Boost
January 12th, 2008, 03:29 AM
Yes, they mentioned the switch in a training class I took recently. I will try to find out if it can work in a light duty truck. I think they have them on the medium duties because they idle more or are driven differently? I know their top speed is governed to around 70 mph.

IdahoRob
January 12th, 2008, 07:42 AM
I know their top speed is governed to around 70 mph.

Stock is 75MPH, had a big rush with guys getting this changed on these Kodiaks, with success I might add.

Boost
January 12th, 2008, 07:50 AM
Good for you. Indeed, there are certain things that are a quick fix but there is very high demand for. Such as the speed limiter on the new trucks. Many complain that the truck is still pulling but "hits a wall" around 97 mph.

LMM.L
February 5th, 2008, 05:27 PM
Any update on this yet, I'm concerned that if I run a modified tune and it doesn't regen automatically, I'll have a forced stealership visit. Not fun!! Any new news would be great.

fire0021
June 17th, 2008, 06:27 PM
it is in the newest beta release

Boost
June 18th, 2008, 02:45 AM
Awesome! My decision to go with EFILive over "the other" because of Duramax tuning capabilities has paid off bigtime the last few years.

GMPX
June 18th, 2008, 01:09 PM
Boost, I think we were the only PC based tuner for them a few years ago?, but yes, you did make a good decision :)
Anyway, we also added in the option to copy the Injector Flow rates from the GPM to the ECM for LBZ/LMM, that will keep a lot of people happy too when swapping ECM's around on these trucks.

Cheers,
Riss

Boost
June 19th, 2008, 01:33 PM
You're right :) Thanks for everything and keep up the excellent work Riss

mr.prick
July 11th, 2008, 03:26 PM
what must be done to do this?

GMPX
July 11th, 2008, 05:18 PM
You need to be running the BBL firmware for starters. Then, it's an option in the scantool DVT tab when you select LMM.

Cheers,
Ross

LBZRCKS
July 12th, 2008, 10:08 AM
Boost, I think we were the only PC based tuner for them a few years ago?, but yes, you did make a good decision :)
Anyway, we also added in the option to copy the Injector Flow rates from the GPM to the ECM for LBZ/LMM, that will keep a lot of people happy too when swapping ECM's around on these trucks.

Cheers,
Riss

How is this done? I don't see the option

GMPX
July 12th, 2008, 01:42 PM
From the main V2 menu, press -
F3 then,
F2
Now you can select to read the Flow rate (from a GPM) by pressing F1, then program them in to the ECM using F2.

Cheers,
Ross

LBZRCKS
July 13th, 2008, 04:25 PM
F3 then,
F2
Now you can select to read the Flow rate (from a GPM) by pressing F1, then program them in to the ECM using F2.

Cheers,
Ross

Thank you sir!

fire0021
July 15th, 2008, 06:12 PM
x2 was wondering myself

GMPX
July 16th, 2008, 02:11 PM
You think someone would document that nice feature :music_whistling_1:

Boost
July 25th, 2008, 10:31 AM
You think someone would document that nice feature :music_whistling_1:

:hihi:

True

bradmd
November 9th, 2008, 10:05 AM
F3 then,
F2

Cheers,
Ross

when pushing F1 to read the GPM flow, I get $0185 error. running latest boot block/firmware 2.0.6.2 Anyone help? LMM duramax

bradmd
November 10th, 2008, 09:39 AM
OK, after playing with this all day, I finally got it to work. So I was trying to program the injectors on a new ECM for my LMM duramax. I was getting an error, $0185, when trying to read the GPM.
Here's how it works. I had to hook the V2 to EFI live explorer. Then push options (F4), then change settings (F1). Under File Sys, change setting by pushing arrow to the right, setting should be "internal". Then reprogramming the injectors for this new ecm was as simple as reading the glow plug module (GPM)--F1, and programming the ecm (F3). Worked like a charm.