PDA

View Full Version : Any new updates for 7.5.1 yet?

BowlingSS
December 31st, 2007, 12:21 PM
Any new updates for 7.5.1 yet? I read an update was going to be ready 28th. Anyone tried to use the auto update? I double clicked the program and nothing happened.

Bill

mr.prick
December 31st, 2007, 06:17 PM
i guess it updates on it`s own now.
i don`t see how to manually check.

RevGTO
January 2nd, 2008, 01:18 PM
I would think, or at least hope, that notice would be posted. Many of us have dedicated laptops for tuning and rarely log on to the Net with them. In fact, one of the few reasons I do so is for updates. So I hope Blacky keeps posting so I'll know when to do so.

TAQuickness
January 3rd, 2008, 01:43 AM
Got one this morning

gto_in_nc
January 3rd, 2008, 03:16 AM
Got one this morning

Worked for me! :D

eboggs_jkvl
January 3rd, 2008, 05:17 AM
i guess it updates on it`s own now.
i don`t see how to manually check.

IN Windows XP

Start / All Programs / EFILive V7.5 / Tools / Check for updates now

To set it to auto install

IN Windows XP

Start / All Programs / EFILive V7.5 / Tools /Change Update Settings

Set it as you want and it'll do it for you.

I sat down this AM and the little Blue car was showing on my task bar. I have it to be notified, and down loaded and waiting for me to say "install". I clicked on the car and a popup screen told me what it wanted to do and I said "OK".

Elmer

eboggs_jkvl
January 3rd, 2008, 05:20 AM
I would think, or at least hope, that notice would be posted. Many of us have dedicated laptops for tuning and rarely log on to the Net with them. In fact, one of the few reasons I do so is for updates. So I hope Blacky keeps posting so I'll know when to do so.

Any UPDATE that comes MUST HAVE A NOTIFICATION on this forum that the update has been issued. Going out without notification is not a good system with people and "Tuning laptops". I have a desktop loaded with the software and this PC stays on 24/7/365.25 so I got the car and was notified. I then turned on the laptop and did the update.

A sign on the top of the forum, a thread, anything but a notification is really required for the full time laptop tuners.

My $.02

Elmer

Chevy366
January 3rd, 2008, 06:32 AM
Alright it worked ! :notacrook:
ITS ALIVE ! :D
Good work on the Update Software . :master:

gto_in_nc
January 3rd, 2008, 09:11 AM
Any UPDATE that comes MUST HAVE A NOTIFICATION on this forum that the update has been issued. Going out without notification is not a good system with people and "Tuning laptops". I have a desktop loaded with the software and this PC stays on 24/7/365.25 so I got the car and was notified. I then turned on the laptop and did the update.

A sign on the top of the forum, a thread, anything but a notification is really required for the full time laptop tuners.

My $.02

Elmer

Agreed. I think a dedicated thread to announce updates makes sense. That way, anyone who wants to be alerted can subscribe to the thread.

eboggs_jkvl
January 3rd, 2008, 09:24 AM
I must say in all fairness that the system worked perfectly and the update was VERY painless and downright fantastic!

BowlingSS
January 7th, 2008, 02:48 PM
My update worked ok but all my maps had to be re-added.
Bill:cheers:

WHYTRYZ06
January 8th, 2008, 04:59 PM
Kick ass software

Tecks
January 8th, 2008, 05:16 PM
Mine is not showing the check for updates. I do have V7.51

Doc
January 9th, 2008, 01:29 AM
You probably have the first pre-release 7.5.1 what build do you have?

Tecks
January 9th, 2008, 05:27 PM
I got it today. Now have V7.5.3 & updated the V2 driver. Thanks