PDA

View Full Version : Success with Dec 31st Update?

Goldfinger911
January 1st, 2008, 06:39 PM
I am curious who has had success with BBL and the other features of this last update?

Specifically, anyone with a late model LS1 car with OS version 12212156?

I have had a lot of success with the betas up until now... and I want to do a sanity check with other LS1 peeps.

Thanks all.

TAQuickness
January 2nd, 2008, 02:03 AM
BBL has been working fine for me. My OS is 02020005 (COS upgrade for 12212156). My log files average ~20k frames and all the tweaks in my options.ini file are working proper. The only thing not working for me is clearing DTC's, but that's not a big deal because I need the 2 I have for OLSD.

The biggest problem I have at the moment is the short list of available PIDs. I need a few more to help me identify the areas of part throttle KR I'm getting. Second to that, there are a few quirks in the EE interface, but nothing show stopping.

Have you posted or emailed the problems you're having to Paul?

Goldfinger911
January 2nd, 2008, 05:06 AM
Yes. I posted the problems in the Dec 31st Update thread. He replied. I was just curious if anyone with my year PCM and OS version is experiencing what I am. I am getting nothing. I dont even see the list of PIDs. I press Display Data or Record Data and nothing happens. The screen flickers once and nothing.

Thanks for the feedback.

Blacky
January 2nd, 2008, 09:33 AM
I'll need to work closely with you to get this problem resolved. But that probably won't be until tomorrow. I'll be sending some test firmware to try and figure out what is going wrong, when and where.

Regards
Paul

Goldfinger911
January 2nd, 2008, 10:12 AM
Sounds good Paul. I am around all week so let me know what I can do.

I am just concernerd because I have had such good luck up until now... I was worried I was doing something wrong with a new feature or something. I went back through everything step by step so as not to make a mistake. Same results.

If you would rather use Email, please send to goldfinger911@gmail.com.

Oh, also... I get the same errors as Wasted Income with I try to clear DTC's also.

Wasted Income
January 2nd, 2008, 10:17 AM
Mine seems to work on my COS5 5.3L.

STILL cannot clear DTC codes without getting an error (0311).

Goldfinger911
January 4th, 2008, 09:54 AM
HI Paul,

I was messing around trying to get a trace somehow... and had no luck. I did however notice something that I think is different.

When I plug in my V2, then turn on the ignition, I Select Vehicle, chose LS1 99+ Manual, and then I get to the screen where I can Display or Record. In the lower right corner, I noticed that is says ALD. Then I press OK on either of the two options, and nothing happens... except the ALD goes to VPW. Now, in past releases I dont remember ever seeing the ALD. I am 99% sure it always said VPW from the beginning.

Maybe I am wrong, but since I couldnt get any trace or error messages for you, I thought this may be a clue.

Thanks again.

-Jason

I'll need to work closely with you to get this problem resolved. But that probably won't be until tomorrow. I'll be sending some test firmware to try and figure out what is going wrong, when and where.

Regards
Paul

Blacky
January 4th, 2008, 10:08 AM
In the lower right corner, I noticed that is says ALD. Then I press OK on either of the two options, and nothing happens... except the ALD goes to VPW.

That means FlashScan "detected" and ALDL data signal - which should be impossible because the ALDL code is not in FlashScan yet. I don't know what to make of that. I'll go and check when/how the ALD protocol gets displayed.

I'm also posting up new firmware in about an hour. Please try it and see if the problem is resolved.

Regards
Paul

Goldfinger911
January 4th, 2008, 11:06 AM
Cool. Thanks mate. I will try it out asap.

-Jason