PDA

View Full Version : MAF Questions

Dale
January 2nd, 2008, 03:17 AM
I keep getting p0101 and p0102 maf codes. I've done some reading and to temporarily disable this tell I can replace it, I need to disable the mil lights, but keep the DTC turned on?

Or, could I just lower the values for C2904 and C2906 and keep the sensor in possibly?

If my searching and understanding on here is correct, the maf sensor is kinda useless at low rpm range, and only works at upper rpm range? Where is this range where it starts to make the transition because I may just remove it and be done. I hardly run the rpms up.

TAQuickness
January 2nd, 2008, 03:42 AM
Hi Dale.

Simple answers first. By default, and no MAF DTCs, the PCM uses a hybrid of MAF and VE tables under 4000 RPM. Above 4000 RPM, the PCM uses the MAF only.

Since you have the P0101 and P0102 codes, your pcm is running in Speed Density (SD) and not utilizing the MAF at all. From your post, it's difficult to tell if SD is your desired mode of operation.

If you desire SD operation, then you can set the MAF processors to non-emmisions. Then set the MAF MIL enablers to No-MIL. If you set the processors to no-reported, the engine will run like shit - if it runs at all.

If you wish to have the PCM use the MAF, you will need to trouble shoot the problem and fix it. Most likely the MAF sensor is failing or the wiring to the MAF has been damaged.

Dale
January 2nd, 2008, 04:37 AM
Thanks TA.

I would like to use the system as designed, but it will be about a month before I have the funds to install the LS7 MAF that I have. In the mean time I would like to run it in the SD mode. So non-emission, no mil for the DTC settings.

Now, you say the transition is around 4k rpms. I very very very rarely spin my motor to that as my peak is est to be 3600, and the intake I have chokes at 45-4800. So I guess having a maf is almost pointless in my application?

I did not start having these problems tell I fixed my IAC valve and headers with custom 3" exhaust was installed. (all done in 3 day time span)