PDA

View Full Version : All the cars I tune only go 36 MPH?

Bruce Melton
January 3rd, 2008, 01:08 AM
Have you guys noticed in 7.4 that speed freezes @ ~36mph (even @0speed) on the EFI Vdashboards? JFPilla says it is too many PIDs, but not always.
I am using stock VSS settings and get no satisfaction?
I doubt it is just me?
Thanks,
Bruce

Doc
January 3rd, 2008, 02:27 AM
I've seen weird speedo things before on 03 and up LS1's...I could only attribute it to some sort of miss communication on the serial bus. Everytime I pulled the battery on the vehicles it would go away.

Chuck CoW
January 3rd, 2008, 06:32 PM
Have you guys noticed in 7.4 that speed freezes @ ~36mph (even @0speed) on the EFI Vdashboards? JFPilla says it is too many PIDs, but not always.
I am using stock VSS settings and get no satisfaction?
I doubt it is just me?
Thanks,
Bruce

Hey Bruce....

Ya know....I've been bitching about the same thing..... I had a 98 Vette A4 do it to me 2 months ago....and I've got a 02 or 03 ZO6 doing it right now....

Not sure what th deal is, but when trying to set the idle tables that are speed related, all I get is about 36 mph.

I've noticed it on a bunch of LS1 cars and I'm not sure what the deal is.....

It's not just with the more current releases....it's been going on for a while....

Chuck CoW

brokenfly
January 4th, 2008, 03:28 AM
only pids that caused a frozen speedometer for me was the adaptive shift cell number and adapt shift modifier pids...

Bruce Melton
January 4th, 2008, 03:32 AM
The problem I have is with MN6 Corvettes. They just have a simple sensor in the rearend.

Redline Motorsports
January 4th, 2008, 03:33 PM
Hey Chuck! I guess your not alone!

How about shrinking your signiture down! LOL!!

HT

Chuck CoW
January 5th, 2008, 05:53 AM
Thanks very much to...."JFPilla says it is too many PIDs, but not always."

My problem is fixed. I've had this problem with the last 4 or 5 EFI LIVE cables I've owned and thought it was something in the software, but after reading this thread, I tried reducing the # of logged pids and after years of this problem....

It's finally fixed!:D I've asked Paul what the problem is and I'm waiting on a reply.

But, thanks JFPilla for the indirect assistance.....

Bruce, have a look at the pids....It fixed it for me.

Chuck CoW

Bruce Melton
January 6th, 2008, 01:47 AM
Less PIDs is always better but with an elaborate custom dash what's up?
Granted <24 is best for logging and AutoVE but this did not seem to be an issue before 7.4?
Does not seem to be Laptop speed related.

Chuck CoW
January 6th, 2008, 04:13 AM
Less PIDs is always better but with an elaborate custom dash what's up?
Granted <24 is best for logging and AutoVE but this did not seem to be an issue before 7.4?
Does not seem to be Laptop speed related.

It had nothing to do with 7.4 or version #... It has done this to me FOREVER. since the beginning of EFILIVEness....I've wrecked 4 or more laptops in that time and with each new laptop (getting better and better) I've never had an issue......

I've AUTOVE'd for days straight logging 30 pids with no issue....(notwithstanding that the throttle and vss pids never worked right)

Everything else was good....

I'm only just figuring this out right now.... I've lived with it as throttle and vss were never really that important to me....

Chuck CoW

Bruce Melton
January 15th, 2008, 04:01 AM
I think I stumbled onto what is causing this-
If you have a title or graphic within your custom dash, open guage properties for that space and you will likely find the default peramerter assigned is VSS even though it is in fact not a "guage". Seems there has to be some perameter assigned as "none" is not an option.

I had "Corvette" accross the bottom and had VSS assigned.

Ninety8C5
January 15th, 2008, 05:28 AM
I had "Corvette" accross the bottom and had VSS assigned.

I have the same thing and my speedometer gauge reads correctly.

Bruce Melton
January 15th, 2008, 06:08 AM
I was hopefull but can't get out (snow) to try it.

joecar
January 15th, 2008, 06:57 AM
Is this only happening on C5's...?

Bruce Melton
January 15th, 2008, 11:13 AM
Joe,
In my experience C5s and I think I remember it on C6s but I use a diffeent dashboard for those. Happens with default dash as well.
Bruce