PDA

View Full Version : Cant use v2 control panel on pc

cLuBsTa
January 4th, 2008, 10:50 PM
Hey guys, i have the flashscan 7.5 with the newest updates and my controller has the newest firmware available.

I cannot get Efilive scan to see my v2.

The pc can see the v2 when using the efilive explorer, but not with scan program.

Also when i go to select v2 (hapi) in the properties it isnt there, just EFILive flashscan v2.5 and the others.

Also when connected to pc, it doesnt say usb mode like it used too.

Does anyone know of a way to get it to work.

Thanks

TAQuickness
January 4th, 2008, 11:30 PM
Welcome to the forum Clubsta.

In order for the scan and tune tools to communicate to V2, EFILive Hapi must not be running.

cLuBsTa
January 5th, 2008, 12:07 AM
Hapi is not running, only when the explorer is open.

I have v2.5 selected in the scan tool, but there is no option for v2.5(hapi)

TAQuickness
January 5th, 2008, 01:31 AM
V2.5 is the correct selection. I'll be testing some pass-thru operations in a few minutes. Will let you know

TAQuickness
January 5th, 2008, 03:25 AM
Only had one prolem with pass thru and it was with an odd combination of scan and tune tool sequences. Otherwise it worked perfect. Make sure EFILive Explorer and EFILive Hapi are not running and select V2.5 as the cable type and it should work.

Paul - you have email on the way

cLuBsTa
January 5th, 2008, 02:16 PM
I can scan using laptop, it just wont let me access the v2 control panel in scan tool. It is always greyed out no matter what i am doing.

bobo
January 6th, 2008, 01:11 PM
I can scan using laptop, it just wont let me access the v2 control panel in scan tool. It is always greyed out no matter what i am doing.

Mine is like this too. I'd like to be able to go in and select some different pids for BBL.:nixweiss:

Blacky
January 6th, 2008, 02:01 PM
The V2 control panel (for BB Logging and A/D calibration) is not available once you have upgraded to V2.5 firmware.

The PID seclection/setup for BB Logging is currently done by editing the file \Program Files\EFILive\V8\EFIlivE_Hapi\Config\Options.ini using Notepad.
Hint: Look in the Readme.txt file in the \Program Files\EFILive\V8\EFIlivE_Hapi\Pid Descriptions folder for more information.

This is only a temporary situation during the beta test phase. A Windows based PID/Vehicle selection option will be available for configuring black box logging.

The A/D calibrations are now handled within FlashScan, as a standalone operation (no PC required).

Regads
Paul

bobo
January 6th, 2008, 06:55 PM
Thanks for pointing out that readme file. I forgot to check the V8 folder for one after I unzipped everything.

The V2 control panel (for BB Logging and A/D calibration) is not available once you have upgraded to V2.5 firmware.

The PID seclection/setup for BB Logging is currently done by editing the file \Program Files\EFILive\V8\EFIlivE_Hapi\Config\Options.ini using Notepad.
Hint: Look in the Readme.txt file in the \Program Files\EFILive\V8\EFIlivE_Hapi\Pid Descriptions folder for more information.

This is only a temporary situation during the beta test phase. A Windows based PID/Vehicle selection option will be available for configuring black box logging.

The A/D calibrations are now handled within FlashScan, as a standalone operation (no PC required).

Regads
Paul

Didn't see how to do it in the readme, but I gave it a shot....kinda looks like this-

LLY A Pids:

; PID Caption Prec Units Op Factor Offset
; -------- -------- ---- ----- -- ------------- -------------
PCM,ECT, Coolant, 0,°F, *, 1.8, 32.0
PCM,MAP, M'Fold, 1,psi, /, 6.894757,
PCM,VSS, Speed, 0,mph, /, 1.609344,
PCM,SPARKADV,Spark
PCM,IAT, Intake, 0,°F, *, 1.8, 32.0
PCM,MAF, AirFlow, 1,lb/m, /, 7.559873,
PCM,TP, Throttle
PCM,KR, Knock
PCM,ENGOILP, EngOilP, 1,psi, /, 6.894757,
PCM,MAINBPW, MnInjPW, 0,uS,
PCM,MNINJTIM, MnTimng, 0,Deg,
PCM,FRPDES, RailDes, 1,psi, /, 6.894757,
PCM,FRPADES, RailAct, 1,psi, /, 6.894757,
PCM,FTEMP, FuelTmp, 0,°F, *, 1.8, 32.0,
PCM,TCVDES, VaneDes
PCM,TCVPOS, VaneAct
EXT,T1, T1, 1,°F, *, 1.8, 32.0
EXT,T2, T2, 1,°F, *, 1.8, 32.0

and Options:

ECT Engine Coolant Temperature
TCVDES Desired Turbo Vane POS
TCVPOS Actual Turbo Vane POS
MAP Manifold Absolute Pressure
RPM Engine RPM
ENGOILP Engine Oil PSI
TP Throttle Position
VSS Vehicle Speed Sensor
IAT Intake Air Temperature
FRPDES Desired Rail
FRPADES Actual Rail
MAINBPW Main Injection Pulse
MNINJTIM Main Injection Timing
FTEMP Fuel Temp
MAF Mass Air Flow
OBDSUP OBD Compliance
AUXIS Auxilliary Input Status
PTO Power Take-Off
AD1 Analog Voltage - Connector 1
AD2 Analog Voltage - Connector 2
AD3 Analog Voltage - Connector 3
AD4 Analog Voltage - Connector 4
SW1 Input Status - Switch 1
SW2 Input Status - Switch 2
TEMP1 Temperature - Thermocouple 1
TEMP2 Temperature - Thermocouple 2

I'm going to bed. I'll test it in the AM.

Blacky
January 6th, 2008, 09:51 PM
Thanks for pointing out that readme file. I forgot to check the V8 folder for one after I unzipped everything.

Didn't see how to do it in the readme, but I gave it a shot....kinda looks like this-

No, that won't work. You can ONLY edit the Options.ini file. You can ONLY add PIDs to the Options.ini file that are listed in the relevant *.txt files in the Pid Descriptions folder. See the Readme.txt file in the Pid Descriptions folder for an example of how to add PIDs.

For the Duramax's only a handful of PIDs are currently available. See the LLY-A_PIDs.txt file for a list of currently supported black box logging PIDs.

The complete set of PIDs will be added further into the beta test.

Don't forget to copy the Options.ini file to the [Config] folder in FlashScan.

Regards
Paul

bobo
January 7th, 2008, 05:49 AM
I figured it would not work....but it gave me a reason to open up a cold one and sit on the computer!:cheers:
No, that won't work. You can ONLY edit the Options.ini file. You can ONLY add PIDs to the Options.ini file that are listed in the relevant *.txt files in the Pid Descriptions folder. See the Readme.txt file in the Pid Descriptions folder for an example of how to add PIDs.

For the Duramax's only a handful of PIDs are currently available. See the LLY-A_PIDs.txt file for a list of currently supported black box logging PIDs.

The complete set of PIDs will be added further into the beta test.

Don't forget to copy the Options.ini file to the [Config] folder in FlashScan.

Regards
Paul