PDA

View Full Version : BBL DTC Recording

Cougar281
January 6th, 2008, 07:56 AM
Two things I was just thinking about; Currently, when codes are pulled with the V2 standalone, they are labeled PCM or ALL. Will they be able to be stored with the actual controller that is giving the codes, the way they show up in the scan tool, either as the module's address ($10, $18, $29, $80, etc) or as the module's name (ECM, ECM, EBCM, RAD, etc) so we actually know which module is complaining without breaking out the PC? Most of the codes other than P codes could come from almost any module.

Also, is there a way to tell what the "Freeze Frame" data captured by the V2 with the "record all diags" function actually means, such as maybe an import function in the scan tool?

lakingslayer
January 6th, 2008, 10:29 AM
I used the "record all diags" and it placed a .txt file on my SD card in my V2. I opened it up on my PC and the results were the same as when I checked them with the EFILive Scan Tool. Of course I have zero FF's or DTC's to record so results may not be the same if I had DTC's.

Blacky
January 6th, 2008, 01:55 PM
Two things I was just thinking about; Currently, when codes are pulled with the V2 standalone, they are labeled PCM or ALL. Will they be able to be stored with the actual controller that is giving the codes, the way they show up in the scan tool, either as the module's address ($10, $18, $29, $80, etc) or as the module's name (ECM, ECM, EBCM, RAD, etc) so we actually know which module is complaining without breaking out the PC? Most of the codes other than P codes could come from almost any module.

Also, is there a way to tell what the "Freeze Frame" data captured by the V2 with the "record all diags" function actually means, such as maybe an import function in the scan tool?

The "ALL" is a bug. It is fixed in the next update so that FlashScan will put the correct controller name next to each code.

The Freeze Frame data will display correctly once all the PIDs are available.
As soon as the higher priority bugs are fixed, the rest of the PIDs will be added.

Regards
Paul

Cougar281
January 7th, 2008, 03:58 PM
With the Jan 7 FW, The codes I get now show TCM and ALL (ALL apply to codes other than the ECM/TCM such as EBCM and Radio). Now I can clear Powertrain codes with the V2 on my LLY :rockon:. Will the V2 be able to give the proper addresses for the codes from other modules in the future, and maybe clear all codes from all modules in the vehicle?

Blacky
January 7th, 2008, 04:28 PM
With the Jan 7 FW, The codes I get now show TCM and ALL (ALL apply to codes other than the ECM/TCM such as EBCM and Radio). Now I can clear Powertrain codes with the V2 on my LLY :rockon:. Will the V2 be able to give the proper addresses for the codes from other modules in the future, and maybe clear all codes from all modules in the vehicle?

FlashScan should display/group the nodes into these categories:

PCM Powertrain
ECM Engine
TCM Transmission
TCCM Transfer Case
ABS Antilock Brake System
SCM Steering
RTD Real Time Damping
SRS Supplemental Restraint Systems
DIC Driver Information Console
LCM Lighting
ACM Audio
CCM Communications
HVAC Heating Ventilation Air Conditioning
DSW Doors, Seats and Windows
VAT Vehicle Anti Theft
You should not see "ALL" unless FlashScan is unable to determine the module type. After powering up FlashScan can you manually save a trace file (in Scan Options) and send it to paul@efilive.com

Regards
Paul