PDA

View Full Version : License question

driver456
January 6th, 2008, 08:11 AM
I have EFILive V1 personal for my 97 C5 I want to change a few things in my sister's 2001 Chevy s-10 blazer w/OS 12202088.It scans fine and I read the PCM fine but it won't let me flash the pcm,Say's I have to license the cable to that pcm..It say's I have 2 license's.How do I get a activation code?How do I use one of my license's? I don't have to buy a license do I for that PCM? I have version 7.90.How do I go about doing this.......Thanks........Paul

Tordne
January 6th, 2008, 08:35 PM
If you have a free/available license you can simply allocate your sister's vehicle a license.

To confirm license status:
1) Connect FlashScan V1 to your PC
2) Open the Tune Tool
3) Go to the 'Help->FlashScan V1 PCM Licensing' menu option

driver456
January 6th, 2008, 10:58 PM
If you have a free/available license you can simply allocate your sister's vehicle a license.

To confirm license status:
1) Connect FlashScan V1 to your PC
2) Open the Tune Tool
3) Go to the 'Help->FlashScan V1 PCM Licensing' menu option
Where it says PCM license,It say's AVAILABLE 2, USED 0 And then "add pcm license" The Activation code is blank and it say's "License number 3 and in the upper right hand corner it has PCM license's 01 available 02 available.What do I do now................Paul

kbracing96
January 7th, 2008, 07:34 AM
You just down load her tune from her PCM and make the changes you want, then when you try to upload it, it will tell you, you are not licensed to this PCM and you need to license to it before you can flash to it. It will then close the upload window and open a license window and ask you if you are sure you want to license to this PCM. You tell it yes and you will be licensed to that PCM and can then flash in your new tune. It's not to hard once you've been though it ;)

driver456
January 7th, 2008, 10:46 AM
You just down load her tune from her PCM and make the changes you want, then when you try to upload it, it will tell you, you are not licensed to this PCM and you need to license to it before you can flash to it. It will then close the upload window and open a license window and ask you if you are sure you want to license to this PCM. You tell it yes and you will be licensed to that PCM and can then flash in your new tune. It's not to hard once you've been though it ;)
I'll try it again..........Paul

Tordne
January 7th, 2008, 11:48 AM
Can you please send a screen shot of any message presented when you attempt to flash the vehicle?

driver456
January 7th, 2008, 12:37 PM
OK I got it to work,I had the wrong cable where it goes into the OBD port.I didn't want to fish out my cable from the vette so I thought I could use another cable,guess not DUH!.One more question it says it will permanently lock the cable to that pcm,What happens when I go back to my 97 corvette?.................Paul

Tordne
January 7th, 2008, 06:36 PM
Basically all it is saying is that the PCM Serial Number will be embedded in one of the license slots on the FlashScan interface. This is as expected when licensing a new vehicle. You simply need to have an available PCM license for each vehicle you want to tune.

driver456
January 8th, 2008, 11:14 AM
Basically all it is saying is that the PCM Serial Number will be embedded in one of the license slots on the FlashScan interface. This is as expected when licensing a new vehicle. You simply need to have an available PCM license for each vehicle you want to tune.
Even though my car is a 97 it will still use another license.Aren't the 97-98 free or unlimited or something like that.I do have one more license though..............Paul

Drummer
January 14th, 2008, 07:10 AM

Tordne
January 14th, 2008, 07:52 AM
97/98 Camaro and Corvette do not require a license. This is effectively the S-LS1A Stream. Check the licensed streams in the 'Help->FlashScan V2 VIN Licensing' menu of the Tune Tool. The S-LS1A Stream should be enabled.

driver456
January 14th, 2008, 12:42 PM
97/98 Camaro and Corvette do not require a license. This is effectively the S-LS1A Stream. Check the licensed streams in the 'Help->FlashScan V2 VIN Licensing' menu of the Tune Tool. The S-LS1A Stream should be enabled.
I hooked EFILive back on the corvette,Flashed the PCM with no problems,I just clicked on my VIN # on the scan tool and was good to go:D .....Thanks.......................Paul