PDA

View Full Version : BB Logging Update Jan 07, 2008

Blacky
January 7th, 2008, 01:44 PM
Make sure you have EFILive V7.5 Scan and Tune software packages installed and up to date:
http://forum.efilive.com/showthread.php?t=6964

Download:
http://download2.efilive.com/Software/V8/EFILive_V811_019_15(0107).zip (http://download2.efilive.com/Software/V8/EFILive_V811_019_15%280107%29.zip)

The ReadMe_First.rtf file has been updated with the list of new features/options in this release.

If you have already upgraded to the new BB logging bootblock, then you do not need to (in fact you cannot) upgrade the bootblock again. Once it has been done, you only need to update the V2.05.xx firmware if/when new firmware is released.

There is one new firmware file:
FSProgV2_05_15(0107).efw that you must program into FlashScan, using the programming option in EFILive_Explorer.

The version numbers of the firmware files will not change between now and the final beta version. That means you will be able to re-program older firmware files during the remainder of the beta test period. The date of the firmware file will continue to be updated and it will provide the only true "version" reference and should be quoted when you post problems with any particular firmware "version"

Regards
Paul

Goldfinger911
January 7th, 2008, 04:00 PM
Correct me if I am wrong... is this a proper/fool proof way to cleanly update a V2 that already has the new bootblock?

1. Unzip the .zip into <installdir>\EFILive\V8\EFILive_Hapi
2. Plug in my V2
3. Start EE
4. Click on the Firmware tab, and open the latest firmware file.
5. Click PROGRAM
6. When the V2 reboots, I format the data file space using the V2 menu.
7. I then format the config file space with EE.
8. I then copy all the PMM files to the Config space.
9. I then copy the Option.ini file to the Config space.
10. Reboot the V2.
11. Double check settings in the V2 menus.
12. Connect to my car.
13. Turn on ignition and attempt to BBL.

Anything I am doing wrong?

Blacky
January 7th, 2008, 04:10 PM
Doesnt anyone who is Beta testing this have an LS1 vehicle, manual trans, with OS 12212156 who could chime in? I asked twice before and no one said yes. :(
I'm testing on a 6 speed manual LS1 (different OS), although I can't imagine the OS would make any difference.

Can you manually save a trace file after you try and log data. Use the Save trace file option in the Scan Tool Options menu. And send the trace file to me at paul@efilive.com

Regards
Paul

Blacky
January 7th, 2008, 04:14 PM
12. Connect to my car.
13. Turn on ignition and attempt to BBL.
Anything I am doing wrong?

Try reversing the order of those two steps.

i.e. turn on ignition, then plug FlashScan into your car. If the ignition is off when you connect, FlashScan can't do its automatic protocol/node detection. In the latest version of FlashScan you can force a protocol/node detection using Ctrl+Ok. I.e. press Ctrl+Ok if you've alreay plugged in FlashScan before turning on the ignition.

However, if the protocol is showing as -VPW-01- in the bottom right cornerm that means FlashScan has detected the VPW protocol and 1 node (the PCM).

Regards
Paul

dfe1
January 7th, 2008, 04:27 PM
Guess I won't be much help. I haven't had any problems bb logging and just used the latest firmware 15(0107) with no problem on my '01 Corvette 6-speed running COS5, which is based on 12212156.
(I logged to the SD card.)

Blacky
January 7th, 2008, 04:43 PM
I just followed the steps and upgraded my V2 to this firmware and I still get nothing when I try to display or record data.
Please delete all files in the Config tab page and copy in the files in the attached Config.zip file. These files have been copied "as is" from one of the test FlashScan units here. That unit has been tested to log data on an LS1 correctly.

When you press F1 Record Data, does the screen display the PIDs but with no data, or does it just sit ot the F1 Log Data screen without changing?

Regards
Paul

Goldfinger911
January 7th, 2008, 05:27 PM
In this ZIP file is the trace file that was created when i selected Save Trace File from the Options menu on the V2. I emailed it to you as well as requested.

-J

I'm testing on a 6 speed manual LS1 (different OS), although I can't imagine the OS would make any difference.

Can you manually save a trace file after you try and log data. Use the Save trace file option in the Scan Tool Options menu. And send the trace file to me at paul@efilive.com

Regards
Paul

02Z06
January 7th, 2008, 10:34 PM
I don't know is anybody else ran into this problem but when I download V811 019 15 (0107).ZIP into EFILive V8 a HAPI Subfolder is not created. With all the other Zip downloads this folder was created when the folder was unzipped?

Blacky
January 7th, 2008, 10:51 PM
My mistake sorry. I created the zip file without including the EFILive_Hapi folder. I will correct the zip file.

Thanks for pointing it out.

Regards
Paul

Chevy366
January 8th, 2008, 04:44 AM
Does this effect the usability of the DL ?

Goldfinger911
January 8th, 2008, 07:34 AM
:cheers: Quick and HAPPY Update :cheers:

Well, I decided to nuke the whole V8 directory and subdirectories. I downloaded the rebuilt .zip file that Paul posted, and applied the firmware using the same steps that I always use. To my surprise... IT WORKS!

I dont know what the hell the deal was, I looked at the files and folders that I deleted and they appear to be the same. At any rate, BBL works now on my LS1 99+ car. I went through all menus, and no errors. Everything works. Jeez... I feel bad sucking up so much time with my problem, but I am glad it works.

I will delete my other posts in this thread that you can disregard.

Thanks Paul!!

-J

Blacky
January 8th, 2008, 09:32 AM
:cheers: Quick and HAPPY Update :cheers:

Good news indeed! Maybe one day we'll find out what it was, maybe we never will.

Regards
Paul

Blacky
January 8th, 2008, 09:34 AM
Does this effect the usability of the DL ?

No, just unzip it from inside the existing EFILive_Hapi folder.
Or re-download it, I have corrected the zip file.

Regards
Paul

Wasted Income
January 8th, 2008, 05:10 PM
BBLogged my LLY all the way to work today. 38000 frames or so...worked fine.

YAY!!!!!!! I can now clear DTCs with the V2!!!!!

swingtan
January 9th, 2008, 10:36 PM
Hi guys,

I've been playing with BBL on my E38 PCM and have noticed an interesting problem. After a few mins of logging I get an error that causes the dash warning lights to flash briefly and the traction control to turn off. Another point is that it disables the aircon for a period of time. I've attached the DTC and freeze frame for checking.

I'm currently on the FSProgV2_05_15(0107).efw firmware, though the problem was there with the previous version as well. I also noticed that with Scan V 7.5.1, I could read the logged data but certain PID's stopped mid stream while others kept running. With the current version though, the logged data seems to stop at the first sign of a problem.

Simon

Lennart
January 20th, 2008, 03:23 AM
I forgot to post that I was having issues with the (0107) firmware.
When trying to clear DTCs it read the DTCs differently than in pass-through. IIRC B1025 showed up as C1025. It would not clear them, either.

M_Minnick
January 22nd, 2008, 08:37 AM
I am unable to read or write to the PCM. It is giving me an error stating the ECM is locked and the cal file is missing. I am runnin 7.5.3 and the latest bootblock and firmwae.

Mike

swingtan
January 22nd, 2008, 04:38 PM
I've been doing a bit of testing on BBL and the E38 and I think I've found the problem with the resets. I think that when in BBL mode, the V2 is using the stream-fast protocol to talk to the PCM. If I try using stream-fast in pass through mode, I get the same rest problems so have to use Dynamic. We may need to either allow the setting of the protocol in the V2 for BBL or hard set it in the E38 config.

Simon

Blacky
January 27th, 2008, 01:50 PM
Thanks for the feedback, I will investigate this E38 logging problem this week.
Regards
Paul

hymey
February 1st, 2008, 03:13 AM
I have the latest Beta update and 7.5.3 on E 38 VE SS commodore.

All went very well with the logging, although After I pluged into the PCM I had a ABS warning on the dash. I unplugged the cable, turned the car off and started it again. The warning persisted. No DTCs showed on the log.

How do I get this problem to stop. Do I have to reset my computer?

Joel

oztracktuning
February 3rd, 2008, 12:57 AM
It will go away after a few key starts or driving. They tend to do funny things when they know they are being tampered with

swingtan
February 18th, 2008, 02:36 PM
I have another update on BBL and the E38.

Yesterday I was doing some logging with the laptop using the "dynamic" scan mode, while I drove to work. All was fine and I got a clean log. after work I went to pick up some bits and pieces. I didn't log for the trip, but the V2 was still connected to the ODBII port ( and had been all day ). I guess it was in "sleep" mode.

Although it was a warm day, I didn't use the air-con on the way there. I work in an air conditioned office so it was nice to "warm up" a little. The trip was uneventful. When I went to drive home, I decided it was warm enough to use the air-con. Within 5 min of starting the car and turning on the Air-Con, I felt the car hesitate while cruising at 50kmh, then drive on OK. Shortly later I realised the air-con was not working and the "trac off" alert was on the dash.

I'm guessing that the V2 either "woke up" and talked to the PCM in "stream fast" mode, or there was still some sort of communication going on even though it was in power saving mode. When the air-con was turned on, it caused the PCM to trip out and throw an error.

I just thought you may like to know the circumstances surrounding this one.

Simon.

Blacky
February 18th, 2008, 10:31 PM
I'm guessing that there was still some sort of communication going on even though it was in power saving mode.

That's a good theory. It may be that I am not suspending the "keep alive" messages in power saving mode. During power save mode, the CPU speed is reduced from 40MHz to 4MHz (to save power). If the transmissions are still being made they will be at the wrong baud rate, probably causing problems on the CAN bus. I will investigate...

Regards
Paul

jay p
February 19th, 2008, 03:45 AM
Will someone please respond to the 6 speed Allison problem thread.

Thanks

Blacky
February 19th, 2008, 10:46 AM
Will someone please respond to the 6 speed Allison problem thread.

Thanks

Can you please post a link to the thread you want someone to look at?
Regards
Paul

Cougar281
February 19th, 2008, 10:51 AM
Can you please post a link to the thread you want someone to look at?
Regards
Paul

http://forum.efilive.com/showthread.php?t=7038

swingtan
February 19th, 2008, 01:27 PM
That's a good theory. It may be that I am not suspending the "keep alive" messages in power saving mode. During power save mode, the CPU speed is reduced from 40MHz to 4MHz (to save power). If the transmissions are still being made they will be at the wrong baud rate, probably causing problems on the CAN bus. I will investigate...

Regards
Paul

Excellent! It was very interesting though that it only occurred after the air-con was used. I've noticed this once before, but I was BBL-ing that time. Did you want any FF or logs from the PCM ?

Simon.

Blacky
February 19th, 2008, 02:29 PM
Did you want any FF or logs from the PCM ?
Simon.

Not yet, I'll check out the problem first. If I need any logs I'll post a reply in here.
Regards
Paul

vxleather
February 20th, 2008, 07:23 PM
very interesting my V2 showed up yesterday was going to go down and by a sd card... looks like i have to down load a file or 2 to make it work???

ntae
February 21st, 2008, 10:33 AM
very interesting my V2 showed up yesterday was going to go down and by a sd card... looks like i have to down load a file or 2 to make it work???

slip a card in the V2 is ready to go

your laptop will need setting up though

vxleather
February 21st, 2008, 11:51 AM
slip a card in the V2 is ready to go

your laptop will need setting up though

ntae, have got the lappy working properlly a little fidling and a removal of all nortons (read waste of space software) and away we went... logging, logging and more logging.... hehehe....

will try a Sd card in the next week or 2, how is the RR coming along???

vxleather
February 22nd, 2008, 10:22 AM
Ok bought put a sd card in last night and tried logging nope.... not going to work comes up with error!!!! Looks like it will give me something to do next week... work out why and fix it.

hymey
February 22nd, 2008, 11:45 AM
Have u configured the V2 to "log to SD" and not log to V2 memory.

Highlander
March 9th, 2008, 11:23 AM
How do I program the PIDs into V2?

vxleather
March 9th, 2008, 11:32 AM
How do I program the PIDs into V2?

On the unit you select the computer and then it does the rest it self, I am not sure if you can customize the pid in BBL !!!