PDA

View Full Version : 2000 truck with locked PCM, buying new PCM

SimpleManLance
January 9th, 2008, 07:28 AM
the PCM on my truck is locked through nelson performance. im going to try and sell the PCM to someone and buy a new PCM. if my memory serves me right i remember seeing a 03 v8 truck at my local junk yard. can i take that PCM and run my 2000 truck with it?

kbracing96
January 10th, 2008, 02:33 AM
the PCM on my truck is locked through nelson performance. im going to try and sell the PCM to someone and buy a new PCM. if my memory serves me right i remember seeing a 03 v8 truck at my local junk yard. can i take that PCM and run my 2000 truck with it?

No, you can only use a PCM from a 99-02. 03+ uses a 1 meg flash chip. 99-02 are only 512k. :)

SimpleManLance
January 10th, 2008, 03:57 AM
No, you can only use a PCM from a 99-02. 03+ uses a 1 meg flash chip. 99-02 are only 512k. :)

thank you..

eurospec1
January 10th, 2008, 04:11 AM

Weve dealt with a couple locked Nelson PCM's, if you contact Nelson he will send you a stock PCM at no charge with the catch that you send him back the locked one.

SimpleManLance
January 10th, 2008, 08:09 AM
Weve dealt with a couple locked Nelson PCM's, if you contact Nelson he will send you a stock PCM at no charge with the catch that you send him back the locked one.

then im out the $375 i payed for my nelson tune right? if that is the case then i will just try and find someone to buy it here locally.

GMPX
January 10th, 2008, 10:03 AM
You might get caught out there too.
If VATS are turned off then you will be able to swap it in to another vehicle, if the VATS are still enabled then because the PCM is locked you won't be able to perform a VATS relink either!.
Contact wait4me on this forum, he could unlock the PCM for you if Nelson won't do it.

Cheers,
Ross

Doc
January 10th, 2008, 10:54 AM
$375 is really not that bad in the grand scheme of things....It got you here, to the best GM tuning setup on the planet.;)

We all have long hard roads to the promised land- Welcome to the start.

GMPX
January 10th, 2008, 04:06 PM
Ah yeah, like the $250 chip I got for my old 83 X-Fire injected TransAm (welcome to my time warp), yeah, I paid $125 per table change, yes, all two of them :frown:

Cheers,
Ross