PDA

View Full Version : LB7 / LLY .cal file update - 08-Jan-2008

GMPX
January 9th, 2008, 07:18 PM
Hi All,

Updated cal file are available for the LB7 & LLY Duramax's.
I won't list all the changes but there is a few things worth mentioning.

You can now rescale the RPM axis on many tables via A9001
There has been several tables added to assit those running bio-dieselAll you need to do is extract THIS ZIP (http://efidownload.iqd.co.nz/software/Dmax_Cal_Update_08-Jan-2008.zip) (approx 5Mb) in to the folder -

For V7.5 Only
\Program Files\EFILive\V7.5\Calibrations

For all other V7.x versions
\Program Files\EFILive\V7\Calibrations

Regards,
Ross

Wasted Income
January 11th, 2008, 01:32 PM
I won't list all the changes but there is a few things worth mentioning.

You can now rescale the RPM axis on many tables via A9001
There has been several tables added to assit those running bio-diesel

Could you please list the changes? How does it help with running biodiesel?

Thanks,
Jeff

Cougar281
January 11th, 2008, 01:50 PM
Just an FYI, the V7 & V7.5 versions of EFILive are not independant. I placed the new files in the "Calibrations" folder of my V7 installation, and noticed there was nothing new. Investigation found that the V7 program is now pointing at the Calibrations folder for the V7.5 installation...

Racehemi
January 11th, 2008, 02:27 PM
Just an FYI, the V7 & V7.5 versions of EFILive are not independant. I placed the new files in the "Calibrations" folder of my V7 installation, and noticed there was nothing new. Investigation found that the V7 program is now pointing at the Calibrations folder for the V7.5 installation...

Same thing here, I also had to copy the custom OS .cal files (DSP2/5) from the LLY folder to LLY\Custom folder (V7) in order to see the updates in my DSP2/5 tunes.

GMPX
January 11th, 2008, 07:05 PM
Same thing here, I also had to copy the custom OS .cal files (DSP2/5) from the LLY folder to LLY\Custom folder (V7) in order to see the updates in my DSP2/5 tunes.

I asked Paul about that before I posted the files and he said it would not be necessary to do that, so I never mentioned it :frown:

The changes targeted at the bi-diesel (Lennart on here) was to do with the cranking fuel table and I think there was some pressure tables added. Oh, and the table that stops the cruise control working above a certain speed (it's done by fuel limiting).

Cheers,
Ross

Lennart
January 12th, 2008, 07:11 AM
I just copied the files in the LLY folder and deleted the /Custom folder.....worked for me.
The tables I requested were cranking timing and fuel pressure.
BTW, I have tried the cruise control but there must be another feature that controls it. Even though I have changed that table to all 100 cruise is still disabled at 92mph or so. I was going to ask you if there were any other changes needed....but I forgot.

Lennart
January 12th, 2008, 07:13 AM
Could you please list the changes? How does it help with running biodiesel?

Thanks,
Jeff

Jeff,

these changes are not so much needed for biodiesel but for SVO.....

GMPX
January 12th, 2008, 12:31 PM
Sorry for the confusion, I used incorrect terminology.

GMPX
January 12th, 2008, 12:32 PM
I just copied the files in the LLY folder and deleted the /Custom folder.....worked for me.
The tables I requested were cranking timing and fuel pressure.
BTW, I have tried the cruise control but there must be another feature that controls it. Even though I have changed that table to all 100 cruise is still disabled at 92mph or so. I was going to ask you if there were any other changes needed....but I forgot.

Thanks Lennart, that was about it, I guess there is something else in there.....I really thought that would cure it.

Cheers,
Ross

Wasted Income
January 13th, 2008, 09:56 AM
Cool, thanks.