PDA

View Full Version : 7_5_3....update issues

hquick
January 10th, 2008, 01:21 AM
Gotta say first...EFILive has the best service of any company I've EVER dealt with....so...this is by no means a crack...just constructive criticism.
I switched on my PC and hit the 'check for updates' button.
I was wrapped...an update...cool!
I started the update and was half way through when I thought..."what the???"
It's downloading the same thing I already have installed.
I hit the cancel button which was a mistake.
The download stopped but 7.5 would no longer work.
I had to go back and load 7_5_3 from scratch.
Is there a possibility of putting the details of the download/update IN the text box? Ie...this will download EFILive V7.5.3 on your PC...THIS IS A FULL UPGRADE....THIS IS NOT A PATCH.
Or something similar in the future.
It may just help to curb frustration and confusion.

OR..was it there and I didn't read it? :Eyecrazy: :D

WHYTRYZ06
January 10th, 2008, 05:16 PM
Yes that does suck...I had the same issue. I just re-installed 7.5.3 and it worked.

Redline Motorsports
January 10th, 2008, 05:19 PM
Definately like that idea! Very happy that LIVE is going to auto updates but it does get a bit confusing as to what version is being updated.

Howard

hquick
January 10th, 2008, 06:28 PM
Also....I noticed my logs don't seem to save in sequence anymore?
It used to prompt to be saved as the next log in sequence....doesn't do it now. Seems to want to save as the same log again?

5.7ute
January 10th, 2008, 06:40 PM
Once you hit log 103 that is the limit. I imagine you would be up to there by now.

hquick
January 10th, 2008, 06:43 PM
Thanks Mick...that's the other question I was considering asking.
Yep...that's wher it's stopping.
Guess I'll have to change the log name and start again at 1. :D

Oh...can it be lifted?

GMPX
January 10th, 2008, 10:31 PM
Guys, please keep in mind (if you didn't know), Paul is away for a few weeks so if there is any major issues with 753 we will all need to 'deal with it' until he is back (I only use PC's I don't program them!)

Cheers,
Ross

WiseGuyZ06
January 10th, 2008, 10:43 PM
Guys, please keep in mind (if you didn't know), Paul is away for a few weeks so if there is any major issues with 753 we will all need to 'deal with it' until he is back (I only use PC's I don't program them!)

Cheers,
Ross

Ross it worked thanks...

hquick
January 11th, 2008, 12:56 AM
Hey...no problem Ross.
Just posting it incase someone else has any problems or so no one else gets caught out by it.