PDA

View Full Version : any idea when efi 7.0 + flash scan will be released?

2000ssnb
October 16th, 2004, 03:20 AM
I am getting close to decide on LS1edit since there are a lot of
example files around and I need to to do some programming soon,

Thanks,

Gerty

87gmc
October 19th, 2004, 03:06 AM
8)

Blacky
October 19th, 2004, 09:26 AM
We intend to release the new V7 Scan Tool and Tuning tool software in November. The FlashScan interface will be available shortly after that.
The software will run in demo mode without a FlashScan interface. Once you decide to purchase an interface then the software will run in normal mode.

Remember, existing EFILive Scan Tool customers will get a significant discount when upgrading to the new FlashScan interface cable.

Being able to downlaod and "play" with the demo software will give customers a risk free way to evaluate EFILive's Tuning Tool and Scan Tool technologies.

Regards
Paul

VortechC5
October 19th, 2004, 12:33 PM
That's great news! I am really looking forward to the release.

We intend to release the new V7 Scan Tool and Tuning tool software in November. The FlashScan interface will be available shortly after that.
The software will run in demo mode without a FlashScan interface. Once you decide to purchase an interface then the software will run in normal mode.

Remember, existing EFILive Scan Tool customers will get a significant discount when upgrading to the new FlashScan interface cable.

Being able to downlaod and "play" with the demo software will give customers a risk free way to evaluate EFILive's Tuning Tool and Scan Tool technologies.

Regards
Paul

Dirk Diggler
October 19th, 2004, 12:40 PM
Meeeeeee tooooooo

87gmc
October 19th, 2004, 01:49 PM
i hoping november 1st 8)

dlandsvZ28
October 19th, 2004, 06:09 PM
Kool...I've been waiting for months.

It's like Christmas in November...unless of-course it's not available for '98s. Then I'll still be mad at Santa.

So...what's the timeline for 98's?

Blacky
October 19th, 2004, 06:16 PM

It's like Christmas in November...unless of-course it's not available for '98s. Then I'll still be mad as Santa.

98's will not be released on day 1.
We will be configuring our software for 98's following the initial release.
Paul

87gmc
October 20th, 2004, 03:23 AM

It's like Christmas in November...unless of-course it's not available for '98s. Then I'll still be mad as Santa.

98's will not be released on day 1.
We will be configuring our software for 98's following the initial release.
Paul

Rough est on when 98's will be avaiable? Also i was curious to us who own efilive i know there will be a discount price to upgrade but will this be for one vin or two?

Blacky
October 20th, 2004, 09:42 AM
Rough est on when 98's will be avaiable? Also i was curious to us who own efilive i know there will be a discount price to upgrade but will this be for one vin or two?

We are aiming to have 98 support by Christmas.

Two VINs will ship standard (included in the purchase price) with the Personal version.
Extra VINs (up to 10) will be very resonably priced also.
Extra VINs can be added prior to purchase, or after purchase via email without having returning the cable to EFILive.

Regards
Paul

bink
October 20th, 2004, 01:12 PM
We intend to release the new V7 Scan Tool and Tuning tool software in November. The FlashScan interface will be available shortly after that.............................................. ...
Regards
Paul

....remember the grafitti in London, during the 60's, that said "Clapton is God" ???.........oh well, nevermind. The above made my day :D !! Thanks guys :!: :!:

deezel
October 20th, 2004, 09:58 PM
Two VINs will ship standard (included in the purchase price) with the Personal version.
Extra VINs can be added prior to purchase, or after purchase via email without having returning the cable to EFILive.

Regards
Paul
This sounds great. :D

I have a couple questions about platforms/year models...
Will the FlashScan cable be restricted to certain year/platform ranges? Or can the (up to) 10 VINs be used on any year/platform that the product supports?
Also, similar question for software. Will the tuning software be capable of viewing and/or modifying all year/platforms? Or restricted?

thanks

Blacky
October 20th, 2004, 10:34 PM
This sounds great. :D

I have a couple questions about platforms/year models...
Will the FlashScan cable be restricted to certain year/platform ranges? Or can the (up to) 10 VINs be used on any year/platform that the product supports?
Also, similar question for software. Will the tuning software be capable of viewing and/or modifying all year/platforms? Or restricted?

thanks

There is no restriction on which vehicles you choose to tune. You can reflash any combination of supported vehicles. We will supply a list of supported vehicles when the product is available for sale.

The Tuning Tool software will be free to download, distribute and use, just like the Scan Tool software. You'll just need an interface and a valid license for that interface to use any features that require the interface cable.

I believe the Tuning Tool software will be configured to allow you to view and also edit any supported vehicle - but don't quote me on that just yet, I'm not the one making that decision and I could be wrong.

Regards
Paul

87gmc
October 21st, 2004, 02:35 AM

We are aiming to have 98 support by Christmas.

Regards
Paul

Thats good enough for me i was hoping it wasnt going to be like 6 months or something.

Guys thanks for all the prompt responses.

I think its going to pay off waiting for your guys product :D

deezel
October 22nd, 2004, 11:00 PM
Wow, thanks Paul. I know what I'm getting for Christmas... :D :D

87gmc
October 27th, 2004, 03:34 AM
Specific date yet? :wink:

johnsZ06
October 28th, 2004, 08:47 AM
I'm ready. November is almost here!

PITS
October 28th, 2004, 10:30 AM
Paul,
Will Flash scan be able to unlock PCM's locked by VCM suite? When will we see a comparitive list of features etc to compare LS1 edit and VCM suite to Flash scan?
Thanks
Matthew

Blacky
October 28th, 2004, 11:35 AM
Paul,
Will Flash scan be able to unlock PCM's locked by VCM suite? When will we see a comparitive list of features etc to compare LS1 edit and VCM suite to Flash scan?
Thanks
Matthew

The "locking" method employed by GM, EFIlive and others, is most probably the same.
However, the unless unlock "key" is known, EFILive will not unlock the PCM.
If the person who locked the PCM knows the correct key and enters that correct key into EFILive then EFIlive will probably unlock a locked PCM.
We have not tried to, nor will we try to, subvert the security in any other software package, so we don't really know for sure.

A feature comparison list will be published when the software is relaased.

Regards
Paul

Blacky
October 28th, 2004, 11:48 AM
No specific date.
We can't/won't commit to a date just yet, since many of the milestones on our timeline are out of our control. Once we have full control over the product delivery, i.e. all suppliers have supplied, all stock is available, all the t's are crossed and the i's are dotted, then we will give a firm date.

If we did give a date now, we could not provide any certainty and we would be potentially setting people up for disappointment.

We are keenly aware that there has been a delay, but we firmly believe it is better to deliver the right product later, rather than a half done product sooner.
Anyone who is prepared to wait for the right product will not be disappointed.

EFILive's Tuning Tool is scheduled to be on display in a few upcoming motor/trade events so it *will* be ready soon.

Regards
Paul

87gmc
October 28th, 2004, 01:08 PM
We are keenly aware that there has been a delay, but we firmly believe it is better to deliver the right product later, rather than a half done product sooner.

Regards
Paul

Couldn't agree more ill be waiting

bink
October 30th, 2004, 05:33 PM
No specific date.
If we did give a date now, we could not provide any certainty and we would be potentially setting people up for disappointment.

Regards
Paul

Paul- Can we prepay? Get in line so to speak??
joel

Blacky
October 31st, 2004, 02:24 AM
Paul- Can we prepay? Get in line so to speak?? joel

We will be setting up a web page for people to register their interest in purchasing (or upgrading to) EFILive's Tuning Tool.

However, we will not accept any payment until FlashScan is boxed and ready to ship. People who register will have their orders filled in the order that they registered. Registration is not mandatory, we will be able to fill all orders within days of product availability.

Regards
Paul

bink
October 31st, 2004, 02:54 AM
Thanks! I'll watch for the registration webpage :D .
joel

87gmc
October 31st, 2004, 06:24 AM
Thanks! I'll watch for the registration webpage :D .
joel :D

87gmc
November 2nd, 2004, 03:29 PM
It's November 8)

cured5.7
November 20th, 2004, 07:53 PM
Were in the final stretch of November..................... :(

joecar
November 22nd, 2004, 10:24 AM
Come on, be patient, it'll be worth the wait.
:D

87gmc
November 23rd, 2004, 04:40 AM
Looks like its going to be in Jan 05

joecar
November 23rd, 2004, 06:20 AM
87gmc,

I work for QLogic and your sig is a very clever play on words ("Your ISP is qlogic.com").

:D :lol:

Brains
November 23rd, 2004, 08:08 AM
:lol: The sig is dynamically created.. I see it as "Your ISP is phonoscope.com" ;)

joecar
November 23rd, 2004, 08:11 AM
Man, that is pretty slick; very cool. :wink:

emarkay
November 23rd, 2004, 08:52 AM
http://www.danasoft.com/

Didja know all that info is there at every browser? Add Cookies into the "mix" and you really aren't as invisible as you think on the Internet!

joecar
November 23rd, 2004, 10:44 AM
Yeah, I guess [almost] everyone can be tracked by Big Brother.
:?

Brains
November 25th, 2004, 08:58 AM
There's definitely a wealth of info.. Here's a quick page you can use to get a few more bits of info about yourself...

http://www.brian.grimal.com/browser_info.php