PDA

View Full Version : So now what???

ssheets
January 10th, 2008, 11:53 AM
I've got my V1 software loaded and I've saved a few data logs as I learn to use the basic functionality of the program.

The reason I bought this stuff was to see how well my car is running after a head and cam swap?

What should I focus on to that end?

My car is an 02 SS with an M6 trans.

ssheets
January 10th, 2008, 01:31 PM
What I mean is, what PIDs should I zero in on and under what driving conditions should I record data?

Good news is I've got some time to play with the software before I do any serious data acquisition since last week's snow met with this week's rain the roads are a mess.:Eyecrazy:

dfe1
January 10th, 2008, 03:25 PM
For part throttle operation, look at the long term fuel trims (LTFTs). When you start tuning, change the relevant VE table cells to achieve LTFTs between 0 and -4%. You should also monitor knock under heavy load-- at or near wide open throttle. You need a wide band to accurately tune WOT air/fuel ratio. If you're having idle problems, look at actual air flow versus commanded air flow at idle. The easiest way to do this is to log RAFIG, but you have to set up to monitor the proper PIDS (do a RAFIG search on the forum).

ssheets
January 10th, 2008, 06:09 PM
Thanks, most of that I was on the right track. I'll read more about RAFIG and keep reading the manuel so heopfully I can ask decent questions.

So far I really like this stuff. I put the factory PCM in with the stock tune to get me a baseline and I'm logging as I type this (in Nuetral with the park brake on:D ).

I also ran a log on my 5.3 Suburban and I'm glad to see that the low to no load LTFTs are often out by as much as 2 full points from bank 1 to bank 2. That always bothered me on my SS, but I had nothing to reference it to.

Back to work.

ssheets
January 11th, 2008, 01:45 PM
When making custom dashpages can you create a gauge with two simultaneous PIDs? Like injector duty cycle...it would be nice to have two needles displaying bank 1 and bank 2.