PDA

View Full Version : SD Logging with WB- Numbers do not look right???

BowlingSS
July 16th, 2005, 08:22 AM
Just got my LC-1 hooked up and seems to be working. I took a short drive and my map shows mostly 0.13 to 0.17. When I Copy With Labels and Paste as Factor with Labels to the VE table what else do I need to do. I am using a Commanded AFR of 13.0. I am mapping BEN_LC12(Average) vs RPM. Is the 0.13 the percent off in the VE Table? What do I need to do with the number? My VE Table is in MAP (kPa) vs RPM. I think my map is not setup right. How do I change from inHg to kPa for my MAP. I think that is my problem.
Please help.

Bill

Tordne
July 16th, 2005, 09:14 AM
There was a problem in the 'sae_generic.txt' file in one of the versions, don't recall which.

Basically you want to open up that file, and if you are using an LC1 on input 2 you want to search for *CLC-00-928... A couple of lines down in the file will be the calculation for the factor which should be '{CALC.AFR_LC12.AFR}/{GM.AFR}'. In one of the versions the .AFR was missed off the end of the CALC.AFR_LC12, which basically meant it was working with the voltage instead of the AFR.

I had the same problem with my PLX WB02, and adding the .AFR sorted it out.

Hope this helps.

Cheers,

Tordne
July 16th, 2005, 09:26 AM
Should have mentioned above... the 'sae_generic.txt' file lives in 'C:\Program Files\EFILive\V7\Configuration' unless you have installed or moved it elsewhere.

BowlingSS
July 16th, 2005, 09:28 AM
There was a problem in the 'sae_generic.txt' file in one of the versions, don't recall which.

Basically you want to open up that file, and if you are using an LC1 on input 2 you want to search for *CLC-00-928... A couple of lines down in the file will be the calculation for the factor which should be '{CALC.AFR_LC12.AFR}/{GM.AFR}'. In one of the versions the .AFR was missed off the end of the CALC.AFR_LC12, which basically meant it was working with the voltage instead of the AFR.
I had the same problem with my PLX WB02, and adding the .AFR sorted it out.
Hope this helps.
Cheers,

I searched for this file and it does not even show a CALC.AFR_LC12. It does show the other three WB's. I have version 7.2.3 (Build 244) but when I opened the file at the top it says version 7.1.1... Do you have the file you can e-mail me or copy and paste?
Thanks,
Bill

Tordne
July 16th, 2005, 09:34 AM
Just PMed you.

BowlingSS
July 16th, 2005, 09:42 AM
Just PMed you.

Thanks, I got the file. I just reloaded the log and the numbers now look right.

Bill

Tordne
July 16th, 2005, 09:44 AM
No problems, glad to be able to help.

ForcedC5
July 19th, 2005, 09:25 AM
I made the changes to my generic??.txt file and it brought things closer but is still off a tad. I previously set the LC1 with it's software to be 0.5v=10AFR and 4.5v=18AFR , does this still apply?