PDA

View Full Version : Setting up for Autotune with LM-1..

Redline Motorsports
July 16th, 2005, 11:09 AM
I have been reading this forum for weeks and also own the workshop version of EFI Live. I know this "autotune" capability is still trying to be properly understood, especially by some of us "newbie" tuners. Everyday I am figuring out something new with either the scanning or editing software.

Heres what I am trying to figure out; I have the LM-1 unit and see the 1/8" jack acces. plug. It has three wires red, white and a bare (I assume ground). I also have the orange plastic connectors that are came with the software. I assume its the three prong plug that is used?? If so what is the connection configuration?

I read a couple threads last night that talked about setting up the custom MAP in the Flashscan in which the EFI is setup to read the LM-1's signal.

I'm sure the above information requested is the downloadable manual but I wanted to be sure I understood it correctly and also welcomed any feedback from some of you guys that are into it already!

Thanks in advance!

Howard
Redline Motorsports

Tordne
July 19th, 2005, 11:29 AM
Hi Howard,

The pin configuration for the 3 pin connector (you were correct about using that) is in the manual and indicates which is +/- and gnd. I think these is actually a post that has the info also.

As far as the MAP goes, I'm pretty sure that a MAP (for the Base efficiency Numerator - BEN/Auto-Tune) already exists for the LM-1. That will give you the breakdown (factor) by RPM vs. MAP kPa that I think you are after.

Hope that helps...

Cheers

Redline Motorsports
July 19th, 2005, 12:16 PM
Andrew,

Thanks for the direction! I think I got it figured out so far!

Howard

joecar
July 19th, 2005, 02:40 PM
Nice '62.

Scoota
July 19th, 2005, 04:02 PM
Don't worry about Autotune; let's talk about your car. :shock:
Very impressive Howard :wink:

Scoota.

BowlingSS
July 19th, 2005, 08:10 PM
When is the '62 going to be done. Very nice.

Bill
:D

MN C5
July 20th, 2005, 03:19 PM
http://www.efilive.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=1145&postdays=0&postorder=asc&start=15.

You'll need to cut the plug off to expose the wires so you can insert them into the orange plugs..

Black02SS
July 20th, 2005, 04:01 PM
http://www.efilive.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=1145&postdays=0&postorder=asc&start=15.

You'll need to cut the plug off to expose the wires so you can insert them into the orange plugs..

I am unaware of anything that needs to be cut. All he has to do is plug the 1/8" headphone jack into the LM1 unit and connect the red wire to the AD1 input of the cable. I have done this and use the TechEdge PID and it is perfect. I modified the AFR output like the thread above using the LM1 software. No where did I cut anything....

MN C5
July 21st, 2005, 09:37 AM

I am unaware of anything that needs to be cut. All he has to do is plug the 1/8" headphone jack into the LM1 unit and connect the red wire to the AD1 input of the cable. I have done this and use the TechEdge PID and it is perfect. I modified the AFR output like the thread above using the LM1 software. No where did I cut anything....

My LM1 came with jacks on each end... Yes I plugged it into the LM1 but the Jack on the other end Interfered with getting the wires into the funny little orange plug.

Scoota
July 21st, 2005, 10:21 AM
LOL :lol:

Black02SS
July 21st, 2005, 10:29 AM

My LM1 came with jacks on each end... Yes I plugged it into the LM1 but the Jack on the other end Interfered with getting the wires into the funny little orange plug.

Makes total sense. Appreciate the reply. I purchased mine about June 20th and it only had one end with a plug. This is good info to have.