PDA

View Full Version : Laptop

Chevy366
January 16th, 2008, 06:18 AM
Just tuned my laptop , not really , just added a Core Duo processor to it .:D
The Lenovo I have uses the same Mianboard for different Intel processors , I can still slap in a Core 2 Duo when they come down in price (more than I paid for the laptop) .
More power ! :muahaha:

ScarabEpic22
January 16th, 2008, 03:39 PM
Nice man, I have a Core2 Duo in my HP Pav 9500 laptop, and its fast! I know you said you run Linux, so Im betting its crazy fast, Im running Vista Ultimate x64 and its fast as is. Just be careful with a bigger CPU, you might shorten your battery life...

Chevy366
January 16th, 2008, 06:49 PM
Nice man, I have a Core2 Duo in my HP Pav 9500 laptop, and its fast! I know you said you run Linux, so Im betting its crazy fast, Im running Vista Ultimate x64 and its fast as is. Just be careful with a bigger CPU, you might shorten your battery life...
Good point .
The Celeron M was a 28w and the Core Duo is 31w , not a lot , but probably cut a few minutes off the battery time . :bawl:
Jesse got you those P10 TB files yet ? :rockon:

Jared Duramax
February 14th, 2008, 05:24 PM
i got to do something with my laptop its so slow i think im just gonna add more ram to it. do you have any other suggestions

Garry
February 14th, 2008, 06:42 PM
More RAM usually helps any Winslows environment ... depending on how long it has been installed, and how many programs were installed over time, a fresh install might also be helpful ... maybe pick up a larger HD, that way you can keep the old one for reference ...

Bruce Melton
February 15th, 2008, 01:29 AM
Interesting.

I have numerous laptops and and wonder if EFIlive can use, or requires much in terms of speed/RAM? The E-38s sure are fast compared to previous PCMs.

I have a few legacy Amrel Rocky military laptops set up for tuning. They are 800mhz P111s with 384 ram (XP) and they have basically nothing other than EFI on them. When watching "Task Manager" There is no apparent limitation when using these, vs newer LTs -logging with wideband.

With EFILive V2 and later PCMs what is the threshold?

Jared Duramax
February 15th, 2008, 01:30 AM
ill have to give that a try im not so good with computers

Chevy366
February 15th, 2008, 11:07 AM
A good place to visit is www.tweakxp.com there are some good tweaks for XP and maybe Vista .
Cutting down services that are running and not needed speeds up Winders .
Making a Tuning Profile with Services turned off makes a good improvement at no cost .

ScarabEpic22
February 15th, 2008, 02:04 PM
Also TuneUp Utilities has a great software package (have to buy it though) for speeding up the windows environment plus some other neat utilities.

And no, havent heard a peep about the new P10 files. Right now Id rather get the 06 P12 ones fully done...

Chevy366
February 16th, 2008, 04:10 AM
Right now Id rather get the 06 P12 ones fully done...

:cheers: