PDA

View Full Version : Desperate help I have a mac and im having problems installing efi live help me!!

LMMpioneer932
January 17th, 2008, 08:37 AM
OKay its been like an hour now and so far i've tried the following.
i've tried clicking on installefilive thing and it said that the file wasnt supported or it was damaged.
i've tried downloading adobereader which is confusing as hell but i downloaded it and still says the same thing so im guessing its not supported or something.. but how do i support it?
i've tried going to windows to see if i could download that but i dont think my computer can download it plus i dont know what windows system to download either.. someone please help im clueless now i shouldnt have bought a mac laptop..but this is the only bullchit that i've come across. i just want to be able to use this program without complications...please help!

Chevy366
January 17th, 2008, 08:47 AM
OKay its been like an hour now and so far i've tried the following.
i've tried clicking on installefilive thing and it said that the file wasnt supported or it was damaged.
i've tried downloading adobereader which is confusing as hell but i downloaded it and still says the same thing so im guessing its not supported or something.. but how do i support it?
i've tried going to windows to see if i could download that but i dont think my computer can download it plus i dont know what windows system to download either.. someone please help im clueless now i shouldnt have bought a mac laptop..but this is the only bullchit that i've come across. i just want to be able to use this program without complications...please help!
Use "Boot Camp" load Windows on the lappy , install EFIlive .

LMMpioneer932
January 17th, 2008, 08:49 AM
whats bootcamp and can i get it on windows site?

TAQuickness
January 17th, 2008, 08:59 AM
Welcome to the forum LMMpioneer932. As you've probably guessed by now, EFILive is not compatible with a MAC OS. As tunedbyGM suggested, you will need to either install Windoze or run an emulator so you can run Windoze on your MAC, then install EFILive.

LMMpioneer932
January 17th, 2008, 09:00 AM
thanks for the welcome but what windows program should i install, adobe isnt working for me and i duno why, hsould i get windows live? im clueless here

lakingslayer
January 17th, 2008, 09:00 AM
EFILive only works on Windows. Bootcamp works on the new intel based Macs and allows you to dual boot your machine to either Windows or MAC OS. I beleive it's a 3rd party product. You purchase bootcamp and you also have to purchase Windows from MS.

LMMpioneer932
January 17th, 2008, 09:06 AM
ok so i get windows from microsoft and bootcamp from?

LMMpioneer932
January 17th, 2008, 09:23 AM
nevermind i can get it from mac, thanks!

Chevy366
January 17th, 2008, 10:22 AM
If you have a newer Mac-Intel-osh it is already there .

Cougar281
January 17th, 2008, 10:31 AM
My recommendation: DON'T use bootcamp! pay the extra $$ for parrallels. Parrallels works MUCH better. It's very similar to VMWare on the PC's and doesn't require a reboot to go from mac OS to Windows or vice versa.

LMMpioneer932
January 17th, 2008, 12:25 PM
oh thanks, its kinda too late tho i already purchased it online..but i have another problem.. i installed the whole efi live program on my other laptop wich has windows so its all good but im having problems connecting my vehicle to the efi live scan or even tune program, it keeps sayin that it can't detect the interface and that its not connected the fuse works and its getting power but its not connecting through to the pc.. so im clueless again anyone's help would be much apreciated!

Tordne
January 17th, 2008, 05:39 PM
Have you loaded the drivers for the FlashScan interface? Can you see it listed in Device Manager under the Universal Serial Bus controller section? If not theres your problem. Driver installation instruction are in the Docs folder of the installed software.

LMMpioneer932
January 17th, 2008, 09:11 PM
hey thanks for the help! it seems im learning all this the hard way. lol but atleast im learning. thanks again!