PDA

View Full Version : All is quiet on the Beta Front...?

Goldfinger911
January 17th, 2008, 01:10 PM
I was just curious what some of the planned milestone dates are for the official Beta, subsequent Betas and the RTM version of the BBL firmware?

The posts with open issues seem to have calmed down quite a bit. Which is a good thing. :)

Give us an update when ya can. Thanks guys.

Blacky
January 18th, 2008, 10:52 AM
I'll be back on-board Jan 29. I will take a day or two to catch up on the past few weeks. The final tasks for the BB logging beta are:
Complete the PID selection lists.
Add DMA PID support for BB logging.
Add limited calculated PIDs.
Release the GUI for BB Logging configuration.Regards
Paul

lakingslayer
January 18th, 2008, 12:17 PM
Cool! Out of curiosity where is reflashing using the V2 on the list?

Blacky
January 27th, 2008, 12:52 PM
Immediately after those items listed above.
Regards
Paul

lakingslayer
January 28th, 2008, 03:44 AM
Excellent news! Thanks!

Ninety8C5
February 6th, 2008, 03:35 AM
I'll be back on-board Jan 29. I will take a day or two to catch up on the past few weeks. The final tasks for the BB logging beta are:

Complete the PID selection lists.
Add DMA PID support for BB logging.
Add limited calculated PIDs.
Release the GUI for BB Logging configuration.Regards
Paul

Progress ? :nixweiss:

Blacky
February 6th, 2008, 09:18 AM
Currently adding in DMA PID support for BB Logging. Part of that process required a redesign of the PID definition/configuration for BB Logging. I expect to have DMA PIDs for BB logging ready to test next week.
Regards
Paul

swingtan
February 6th, 2008, 09:59 AM
Is there any chance of the "E38 scan mode fix" being included in this? Not that I'm trying to be pushy, I'm just a tad eager :D

kdubbz
February 6th, 2008, 08:51 PM
so, Will I be able to log my MPG after the beta or during? I want to see if this 10% ethanol in the gas is actually decreasing my gasmilage, as I drive really slow now and it still sucks.

Blacky
February 6th, 2008, 11:03 PM
Is there any chance of the "E38 scan mode fix" being included in this? Not that I'm trying to be pushy, I'm just a tad eager :D

Yes, that is a high priority.
Regards
Paul

Blacky
February 6th, 2008, 11:03 PM
so, Will I be able to log my MPG after the beta or during? I want to see if this 10% ethanol in the gas is actually decreasing my gasmilage, as I drive really slow now and it still sucks.

Which PIDs are you using to log MPG?
Regards
Paul

scdyne
February 7th, 2008, 07:52 AM
I use the following: (I don't know if others have changed it)

{SAE.VSS.mph}/({GM.INJFLOW.lbpm}*{GM.IBPW1}*{SAE.RPM}*4/6250)

If it helps any..

swingtan
February 7th, 2008, 09:25 AM

Yes, that is a high priority.
Regards
Paul

Excellent! Eagerness just went up a notch or two......

Keep up the great work guys!

kdubbz
February 7th, 2008, 10:46 AM
I use the same one MPG = {SAE.VSS.mph}/({GM.INJFLOW.lbpm} * {GM.IBPW1} * {SAE.RPM} * 4 / 6250 )

scdyne
February 7th, 2008, 10:54 AM
yea, what does 4 and 6250 mean in that equation?
4 = stroke ??
6250 = ??

Or better yet does this apply correctly for every vehicle or are there application specific details like with the HP CLC PID's?

joecar
February 7th, 2008, 11:48 AM
yea, what does 4 and 6250 mean in that equation?
4 = stroke ??
6250 = ??Not quite so simple... see this thread: showthread.php?t=1667&highlight=economy+pid (http://forum.efilive.com/showthread.php?t=1667&highlight=economy+pid)

joecar
February 7th, 2008, 11:54 AM
4 = 8 injector spray events every 2 crank revolutions
6250 = 6.250 lbs/gal [gasoline] * 1000 ms/s.

scdyne
February 7th, 2008, 11:55 AM
Duh! I knew that.. shhh. don't tell anyone I do this for a living..

Blacky
February 7th, 2008, 12:26 PM
Which PIDs are you using to log MPG?
Regards
Paul
MPG = {SAE.VSS.mph}/({GM.INJFLOW.lbpm} * {GM.IBPW1} * {SAE.RPM} * 4 / 6250 )

Calculated PIDs will not be user defined for FlashScan. FlashScan will only support a small list of "useful" pre-defined calculated PIDs. Who decides what is useful? Vote now...

The reason the BB logging calc PIDs list will be limited is that FlashScan is running a 40MHz 16 bit CPU with software floating point libraries. Compare that to a 1GHz 32-bit Pentium with a hardware FP unit. The Pentium has probably 500 times more computing power.

Nothing will prevent you from using any other calc PIDs you like in pass through mode - just as you can now. It's just those other calc PIDs won't be available during BB logging.

Regards
Paul

Tordne
February 7th, 2008, 01:07 PM
I guess also... If the PIDs required for the CALC PIDs are included in the log they can be added afterwards anyway (when you have the log open in the Scan Tool).

lakingslayer
February 8th, 2008, 02:22 AM
I guess also... If the PIDs required for the CALC PIDs are included in the log they can be added afterwards anyway (when you have the log open in the Scan Tool).
That's what I'm thinking. I log my data without assistance to I need to keep my eyes on the road when doing burn outs.:eek: