PDA

View Full Version : Does RAFIG work in SD?

tazinhawaii
January 18th, 2008, 07:24 PM
Just as the title says. I have an 01 C5 with roadrunner and using COS 3. For some reason all of my IAC STIT and LTIT's never read anything but zero, therefore the RAFIG only reads zero. Is there something preventing these from working?

Also, I've done some research here, I'm trying to get rid of the darn bucking at light/no throttle at low speeds and low RPMs. A lot of people mention the TC table. But do you increase or decrease the values? I decreased my significantly and it still bucked. And if I increase the values, the idle stays high.

And finally, the other symptom I have is, when ever the TC is active, even if the value for TC is 0, RPM's won't drop below 1200rpm until I go below the TC deactivate speed.

Any hints out there?

Thanks,
Derrick

dfe1
January 19th, 2008, 09:37 AM
I'm running COS5, sd, open loop in my 01 C5 and RAFIG works with no problem. I also have a slight bucking at light throttle (2. gms/cyl), but it's there even when TC and TF aren't changing, or are disabled. It just may be a function of cam overlap. In my case, it's also a fact that it occurs when driving where I shouldn't be-- 1000+/- rpm in 6th gear.

tazinhawaii
January 19th, 2008, 04:34 PM
How did you get COS5 to work in an 01 C5?? I thought COS5 wasn't available for the C5's (2001 models anyways). What operating number are you using?

Derrick

dfe1
January 19th, 2008, 07:44 PM
How did you get COS5 to work in an 01 C5?? I thought COS5 wasn't available for the C5's (2001 models anyways). What operating number are you using?
Derrick Since COS5 is only available for operating system 12212156, I switched to that first, then upgraded to COS5. If you decide to do the same thing, be sure to begin with a C5 file. The same operating system was also used in 2002 Camaros, and a number of other vehicles which may not have electronic throttle control.

Tordne
January 19th, 2008, 08:49 PM
Not that is is of any significance in this case, COS5 is also available to replace 12225074 (Holden OS).